Since we've moved here, this is what has broken:
the couch
the dryer
the TV
the van (ok, not quite dead...yet. but the AC is trying to go out and every day I drive it, I'm afraid will be the day it dies. and the federal government is of course giving us the run around about giving us our new home buyer tax credit. so still no replacement.)
both of our phones have gone gimpy
a leg of course
Chloe's lip, remember?
the fridge
the heat pump
the TV
the van (ok, not quite dead...yet. but the AC is trying to go out and every day I drive it, I'm afraid will be the day it dies. and the federal government is of course giving us the run around about giving us our new home buyer tax credit. so still no replacement.)
both of our phones have gone gimpy
a leg of course
Chloe's lip, remember?
the fridge
the heat pump
both fire places
my treadmill
my sewing machine
the vacuum
my treadmill
my sewing machine
the vacuum
and now the iron
Did you loose count too? We're not talking small potatoes here! Thankfully some of it we've managed to repair or have repaired. There are still some major things to replace/repair though. BTW no dryer AND no iron is a bad combo. Oh, and we've had bees residing under our deck... joys of home ownership. Thankfully, a family member was able to help us figure out how to treat those ourselves and save $135. But the only reason Chad had time to deal with it is because I was ready to pay it. I had to crawl under there at 6 am to spray, but it was worth it now that they're finally dead! Sheesh.
5 comments:
Holy cow... here's hoping the next break you get is a good one!
Thankfully the Xbox 360 is missing from the broken list!
And you live in what seems to be a newer home. Maybe Kevin and I will continue renting for a while longer :).
WElcome to home ownership. I am very sympathetic don't get me wrong but we have been there and done that too. We need a little emergency fund when we move it to a new home because several things always need our attention when we move in and its not just the house. Washer dryer some of the same things. Well just be grateful you have a nice home. YOu didn't have that several months ago.
What happend to the treadmill? That's a bummer Carla. I am sorry. Just don't send that luck here. We have our own laundry list of things to repair, buy, chuck, and wiggle out of.
Love ya
Post a Comment