Friday, April 16, 2010

Chloe

Every thing's been about Everett lately. I'd intended ever since Easter to blog about Chloe too. So here it is. She's usually very sweet to our Buddy. Last night she disappeared for a while (which never happens) and came back to surprise us with having cleaned Everett's room for him. And she helps Everett even more now that he's invalid.
I love her face shape when she smiles really big. It reminds me of what, a monkey? I dunno, she's cute with those cheeks and prominent chin. Just like mine at that age...
Here's Easter. She LOVES finding eggs. We always have to do it many times each year, once for real, then a few mock ups.She liked finding her basket too. Instead of grass, Chad had the idea to use pom poms. It was so cute! She danced around with those things cheering, "Go, go, go! Win a trophy! Yaaaaay Mama!"Here's the Easter dress I made for her. I bought this material years ago for no reason b/c I liked it so much and it was so cheap. So I made a skirt. This dress was completely made out of leftovers. The lining and the flower were from Everett's blessing outfit. Buuuuut it's way too big for her... oh well, maybe next year : )I was pretty proud of the flower. I've never known how to do them, but the dress needed a white flower. A tutorial happened to be posted at just the right moment on a crafting blog I follow. So voila.
Anyway, though I often struggle to connect with her I do love her very much. She is a very good and sweet girl. She often tells me she loves me at the moment I really need to hear it. She's become much more affectionate too. And her conversations are very mature now. From watching "Lightening The Queen" she asked what "floatin' like a cadillac, stinging like a beamer" means. She used to not notice stuff like that. She loves to help. The other day she helped clean the guest bath since my mom's coming tomorrow. The other day she stopped jumping on the trampoline to help Daddy pull weeds. Chad said they just sat there talking and really bonded over weeds. She's recently gotten really good about keeping her room clean-er. She at least folds and puts her clothes away now, most times. Her many treasures, toys, and costumes still clutter it up, but it's WAY better than it was. And I'm really proud of her for that. She loves to learn too. Out of nowhere, she showed she knew her left from her right. She said she learned it from playing Handy Manny on the computer. Gosh I love that girl.

4 comments:

Dana said...

OH my heck she is just soo stinkin cute. What a sweet little girl to go and clean her brothers room becuase he can't do it for himself. I LOOOOOVE that dress. Its so professional looking. What size did you do??

Carla said...

Somewhere around a 5/6. I used a size 5 dress as a pattern; but I think it ended up even bigger than that.

Leighanna said...

Love it! Like I've said before, Chloe can come stay forever with us if she ever wants to! :) What a sweet girl! I love the flower on that dress! Too Cute.

Lisa Brown said...

The dress turned out so pretty!! You are awesome! I am too afraid to try my hand at sewing clothes.