Chad and I enjoy watching TV shows together. So much so that we have several entire series (who do you make that plural?) and have watched each through several times. Since moving here we thought we might be able to afford satellite/DVR. So we've picked up a couple more favorites. One of them being "The Buried Life." It comes on MTV, but it really is a great show! Four 18 year old guys made a list of everything they want to do before they die. They bought a big purple bus and hit the road to make them happen. For everything they cross off the list, they help a stranger do something on theirs. You can't help but smile when you watch it. We thought it could be good or... raunchy. Turns out, it's really a good make-dreams-come-true kind of show. It makes you think though.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
The Buried Life
Chad says, "they are so much better than I was at that age!" "It makes me feel like a looser, like I haven't done anything!"
I have to disagree. I feel like I've had a great many bucket-list life experiences! Far more than I ever thought possible growing up. I grew up in a small town where the public school or commuting is the only way to make a living. Teachers often teach generations. Anyway, maybe my aim is low, but I've been able to live dreams that I never used to think were possible. I have:
Been to Paris and Germany
Seen someone give birth
Done so myself
Gone to college (if only momentarily)
Worked a couple of dream jobs
Been Married
" A mom
" A homeowner
Lived in a foreign country
Lived in most regions of the US
Seen two prophets in person
Had some amazing and cherished spiritual experiences
Visited a pretty good sampling of temples
Been on a cruise and visited the Caribbean
Been sky diving
Visited Mesoamerican pyramids
" the Grand Canyon (sort of)
" Nauvoo
Learned enough French and Spanish to get around
Road tripped across America
Ok, that's all I can think of at the moment. But I think that's pretty good for my age. Here's what else I'd like to do:
fly a plane
serve a mission, help bring a strong member into the gospel
better learn a foreign language and/or gain exposure to new ones
raise my kids
work in the temple
buy or build my dream home
get out of debt
travel more, see more, some things/places in particular, but really as much as possible
go back to college, maybe earn a degree
become a photographer (if only for friends and family)
visit Chad's mission, France
take an aggressive driving course
Ok, raising my kids is the only one left that I really really want. So I think I'm doing alright. What do you want to do before you die?
Posted by Carla at 6:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love your lists. You've done a lot girl!
You have done a lot. And how was skydiving? I am terrified of that kind of thing :). I also like your to-do list - quite a few of those are on my list to do as well.
Dana and I are the same. We watch entirely TOO MANY television shows. I think I could count about 5 that we religiously watch together...and then there are others that we watch separately. It's pathetic :)
I LOVE 'The Buried Life.' I think it's a great show that MTV created and I usually can't stand MTV shows. I get so wrapped up in each of their little adventures that I find I'm getting all emotional because I'm either worried to death about them getting caught or arrested :)
I love that show too. I showed it to Dana while she was here too. I have one saved on the DVR that I haven't gotten to yet. Maybe because of the content (Playing ball with Obama). I don't know what is on my bucket list. I don't think I have one. I think I will think more about this and then do a post on it too. Love you
Great list - yes you have done a lot for as young as you are
My list
Serve a mission
Get very involved doing genelogy
Get out of debt - pay off my house - (it seems very impossable with Obama's progressive redistribution policies) -
Travel
Post a Comment