Sunday, February 14, 2010

V Day Weekend

We had a lovely Valentines Day weekend. We usually just try to do a card and a date some time after V-day (to combine it with our anniversary.) So I wasn't planning on getting anything for Chad, but he said he'd made me something. So I started racking my brain, trying to come up with an idea. A week later... nothing. Friday became our day to watch all of the kids in our dating co-op. But that night, a friend generously offered to watch our kids so we could go out for the holiday. So Saturday, around lunch time, I finally came up with an idea for Chad (not a very good one, granted, but I'm pretty proud of the creativity behind it.) I got to work and two hours later had this.

What is it?
A spinning tie/belt rack. I'd bought a cheap one for him like this about 5 years ago. It broke, and for a year or so, I couldn't find another one. I know you all know where to find them, but I couldn't. So anyway, that's my "romantic" idea.

Before dinner, Chad showed me what he made... For at least a month now, we've been trying to retrofit a filing cabinet to fit Chad's FOUR boxes of comic books.
We bought this and re-enforced the bottoms of the drawers. But then his books didn't fit. Each book is placed in a bag with a piece of cardboard behind it to protect it. So for about a month, we've spent evenings cutting down each board about a quarter of an inch. So he made me my very own comic book, complete with it's own protective bag.
Click on it to read it. It's so cute! It's so creative and personal; I love it.

That night, Chloe woke up throwing up. She threw up 3 times, then fell back asleep. So Sunday, Chad went to church with Everett, taught a lesson (I still haven't gotten to hear him teach during the time of our marriage.) while I stayed home with my hyper, bored little girl... eugh. Oh well, at least she's feeling better already.

1 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Sooooo cute Chad. Very creative and sweet. Carla I like yours too its just all women want their man to show that love for them. Good job both of you