Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Scaling Back

Just before I went down to my sister's, Chad and I were listing the large expenditures we have coming up. (Graduating and moving are expensive. And I still don't have a camera, and still probably won't come graduation.) So I guess fate was calling, and on the way down to my sister's house, I got a speeding ticket. 71 in a 55. Who goes 55 on the interstate!! It was a speed trap; I'm still bitter about it. Since it was state patrol, it's expensive too! But hey, we're rolling in money here, and what's money to a hog, right?

Chad and I have been saving up since day 1 to go to France when he graduates - sans kids of course.  The day is fast approaching and we don't have nearly enough saved.  So we thought we'd go to CA or something, then maybe to FL, maybe just a cruise, and we've finally settled on the cheapest option of all - camping.  I'm actually quite excited because I'm sick of traveling to far off exotic places at the moment.  It'd be different without the kids and I'm certain that eventually the desire to travel will strike again one day, but for now, I'm excited about the idea of staying near home in the quiet solitude and warmth of the sunny south.  Plus it's a rare treat that I'm not pregnant or nursing; so I can take all the benadryl I need!

4 comments:

Leighanna said...

Wow Carla. I admire your abi1lity to adapt and go with the flow. I have a lot of tips to get from you *if* Reid ever decides to go back to B-school. We miss you guys!

Dana said...

So are you guys planning on coming back down to the south after graduation? I hadn't hear yet. I feel out of the loop since I was sick and in the hospital again.

Dana said...

Okay duh I just read the post below.

Bond Bedlam said...

Hey! I love to camp comfortably and the KIDS love it too. Oh yeah stay in the south - right now I don't think it is very safe to travel anywhere - speeding ticket - I have begun to learn to budget in a ticket wbenever I travel.