Chad just finished another round of boards. HOORAH. The kids and I haven't been very happy, so this week's been rough, but it's over. His next round is next Sunday; can you believe that?? He tried to go ahead and take GA's boards so he could get his license and start doing fill in work around June. That didn't happen. He can't even take it in May. The soonest he can take it is late July. He takes NC boards in Aug, so if he passes on the first try (apparently it's pretty tough,) what's the point? "The Lord does have a plan for us." "The Lord does have a plan for us..."
Thursday, it hit me that we've only got 3 weeks left here; two until he finishes work. So I'm realizing some of the things that still need to get done. Friday, we had a WIC appointment just to check Everett's iron. I found out he was anemic about 6 months ago and last month, it still didn't look good. But this time was much better. Fabulous even. So that was exiting for me. I spent the rest of the day researching and shopping for Chad's graduation gift. More to come. And I got it done in one day.
Today was a party. It was the quintessential perfect spring day. The kids and I went to a community event (while Chad went to a school event). "Celebration of Families" It was a day at the park with all of these booths set up with games and prizes for kids and of course lots of info and ads for the parents. The sister missionaries had a booth too. There was a pirate band, winnie the pooh, Dora, lunch, and a goodie bag with a nice stuffed animal among other things. Every bit of it was free. It was fabulous. Everyone was polite and respectful (even the kids I encountered - despite the fact that it was lunch/nap time, for mine at least.) It wasn't too crowded or hot. Both of the kids had a great time and so did I. Chloe wanted to do all of the crafts. Everett liked throwing bean bags. Their favorite table/booth had bubbles, goo, corn starch, magnets and play doh to play with at different little tables. Everett LOVED blowing bubbles! He'd hold the giant stick in the air and just giggle like crazy when the wind blew the bubbles. They stayed there for ever and Everett stuck with those bubbles the whole time. They both also loved the humane society dogs, even though one tried to eat Everett's hot dog bun. And Everett liked throwing bean bags and won a car for it. The only time he let go of that car was to play with the bubbles.
Anyway, it was a blast and of course I didn't think to take my camera. But apparently they've done this for about 7 years. How did I never know?? I LOVE that our community is supporting families and offering resources for parents to do their job better, plus it was good free fun.
When we got home, the kids went straight to bed and zonked out while I started cooking. This evening a friend hosted a cook out at the park by our house. It was a lot of fun too. Not as noteworthy, just always fun to socialize with good friends. It was great to enjoy some warmth, fun and relaxation after a stressful, gray, rainy week.
2 comments:
That is awesome!! I am not a big save the earth kinda gal I just believe you do what you can do but the trash people hosted a big earth day thing last year that we went to and the kid had a blast at. They fed you and you did activities to promote recycling and what not. Its going to be this Saturday so we are planning on going to that. Its always nice when its good clean fun and its FREE!!! A change of pace for sure
Wow that is great and you should thank the people that sponsored that - families need more support!
Post a Comment