Thursday, March 20, 2008

My "Wonderblab"

I've wanted to do this post for a while now, but I keep forgetting my camera. We've had quite a...rigid schedule this winter. By that, I mean, we've tried to keep busy. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, we go to the church to work out and play until almost lunchtime. It's so nice to have that set in our routine because I feel healthier, and Chloe and I both enjoy the company of our friends. Then naptime, play time, dinnertime, play with daddy, and bed. (Sadly, by play time I mean, mostly movie time because...well, I get tired of trying to entertain.) On Tuesdays, we go grocery shopping and errand running. This fall, Chad and I spent our allowance on a year pass to Wonderlab. Despite the size of the building, there's a ton of really cool stuff for Chloe to do. So Thursdays became our Wonderlab days. It's right here in town, which is nice. Most of the people I know in our ward have a pass as well. So it wasn't hard to find another mom to hang out with. It's nice to have someone to watch Everett while I go up the grapevine with Chloe or drag her out to the car to go home (I can't thank you enough Hope!) or just another mom to gab with while the kids play. Chloe gets so excited for "Wonderblab" days. So here are a few of the pictures of one of our visits.

This day, Chloe actually got to touch the turtle. Sometimes they bring out the critters and teach the kids about them. But this time, we just happened to be there when one of the care-givers was adding water and food to his cage. The circle is like a spirograph (I think that's what it's called.) It draws different shapes when you turn the wheel.

This pvc table is fun. The red button shoots air through the tubes. The balls bounce all the way to the second story and the colored/numbered tubes are an instrument of sorts.


This grapevine is a super cool climbing thing that goes all the way to the second story. We've made it all the way there too, but she needs help. She likes being as high as the "balloons" and airplanes (hanging from the ceiling) and Nemo/Marlin/Dory fish tank. And the dinosaur tells you how tall you are when you stand under his arms. And the boxes were a touch and guess game, but Chloe prefered to cheat and look.

There's also a table full of water to play in, and a pully system that you can use to launch some parachute soldiers. Those are her favorite sites at the Wonderlab. We're grateful we decided to make it a part of our routine this winter. I think we've made a few lifelong memories there.

2 comments:

Hope said...

I am so sad we missed it this week. We'll be there next Tues. though! Lillian has been begging me to go.
I love the wonderlab!

Dana said...

Carla, you are the only one on my blog list that has changed their blogs lately. We had something like that wonderlab in Anchorage. It was called the imaginarium. The kids loved it. One time they got to touch a sea cucumber and they found it fascinating. They thought they might be the same thing as regular cucumbers. Chloe looks like she had fun. Anything to keep your mind off the winter helps.