It seems my days of nursing Everett may soon start coming to a close. I love nursing. I think my role as a mother is to be needed and nursing is the epitomy of that. It can be frustrating at times, but mostly, it's just nice. There are many days that it is the only time he and I can really focus on eachother or cuddle. And when family is around, it's a ready-made excuse to get my baby back. You can't get more innocent or intimate than nursing your sweet baby. I love when he pauses to look up at me and smile, talk or laugh. I love when he wraps his arm around mine or rubs my back or arm. I loved how Chloe used to gently run her fingers through my hair. Tonight I had another one of those sweet, innocent moments. I was nursing Everett as the setting sun pierced through the back door warming our faces, with the pleasant sound of Chad and Chloe playing together in the back yard. As Everett nursed, he held his hand up, turning and rolling it again and again. He watched, transfixed as his shadow moved across my shirt and face. I love to wach my babies discover and learn! Ah, the joyful moments of motherhood!
Oy! He's about to turn 6 months old! It's too fast, much too fast!
Friday, March 14, 2008
My Nursing Baby
Posted by Carla at 8:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree Carla! Nothing more special and pure than nursing your baby. Reading it made me want to cry. I feel sorry for those mothers who choose not to do it. They are missing out on something so special!
OH Carla, I agree that made me want to cry. But then again I am on the emotional side these days. I am trying to flush all kinds of hormones out of my system I suppose. Why do you say you think it might be coming to an end. Six months is still so young if he is trying to give it up. I was devestated when Aaron stop taking me but he had a good reason because I was pregnant and I guess my milk was changing to something he didn't like. Anyway do enjoy it. Its something that can't be duplicated in anyway. Not to mention the more you have that is the only excuse you have for getting a chance to hold your own baby!!!
TOO TRUE!! often the only excuse i have to hold him, especially around family at christmas time and whatnot. i think it might be coming to an end because he seems to be too old for his britches. and we're having a hard time building up my milk...too much going on, he's distracted, i'm stressed, etc. we'll see how it goes.
Post a Comment