Tuesday, March 25, 2008

6 Months

6 months old.
16lb. 14oz. (25-50%)
26 1/4" (25-50%)

He and Chloe play together a little better now. He's learning to sit up and roll and scoot. He sais "mom" when he's upset. The big news is that we discovered he's allergic to peanut butter. As much of it as I eat, I'd think he'd be dead by now, but he's never seemed to really react when he gets it through me. But I was eating it for lunch, he got some, and I thought "hey why not. I eat it 2 meals/snacks per day. He can't be allergic." and fed him some, even though he hasn't started on solids. We're kind of stressed out about it, because it's such a dangerous allergy to have!! The day after we discovered this, was Easter. As mentioned, we had dinner at a friend's house. There was nothing peanut-related on the table, but he still reacted to whatever happened to be on the silverware. I mean, our syrup has a peanut allergy warning because it's made in the same factory!! Oy. I guess I'm going to have to be one of those moms that has to send their child with food and an epi-pen every where he goes. I just don't even know how we'll deal with it. But I guess we'll learn how. It's just so scarey that many foods will be poison to my child. On the up-side, he did great for his shots. And so did Chloe. Last time, they both bawled afterwards for a long time. He cried just a little and that was it. He's had a fever and been a little grouchy today, but seems just about done with that too. Now we have travel vaccines to look forward to!

2 comments:

Dana said...

HOw allergic is he? You mentioned an epi- pen. So I was just wondering how allergic he is. How did he react? That is a bad one to be allergic to. You will learn how to deal with it though. Travel vaccines? What have you got to get?

Carla said...

Well, he is small, but about 5 fingers full made his entire body swell up with hives and his ears double in size. i don't think he's the type that can't even be near it, but i do think it's fairly severe as far as allergies in general go. Travel vaccines: typhoid i think and one other one. not really sure though, the lady's out on vacation at the moment