This weekend didn't feel very holiday-like. But it was nice. On Thanksgiving Day, we had a nice easy, nondescript holiday-ish meal. Friday, we did a little "black" shopping. We had a bit of a spree at Lowe's, got a ladder, momentous... We went to Best Buy, crazy! That tapped us out on crowds. So we spent the rest of the weekend using our new stuff to get some more projects done.
Here's the first photographable project. In Indiana, we had a HUGE entertainment center. It was nice to have, suited our needs. But we tried to get rid of it before leaving. To no avail. I thought, well maybe it'll keep us from having to buy something right off the bat when we settle... so we hauled that behemoth with us. It was already buried in the truck before I noticed how moldy it was. NO WAY it was coming in my house! So Chad ripped it up and threw it off the truck. Then he suggested salvaging some of it. Here's what we did.
It used to have two bookshelves on either side for components (that's where most of the mold was) and a bridge over the top for disks. This TV is a beast, so the ent. center was monstrous. So we cut boards for the sides and put it on wheels.

Today was really nice. The kids and I ran some errands and my visiting teachers came over - such a rare treat in my life! They brought cookies. So after they left, the kids and I turned on the Christmas music, ate the cookies, and decorated the house... with the doors open! Living in Indiana for all those years, I forgot about that little southern treat. It was awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed having the kids help me. And they both loved it. We all even forgot about dinner. It's a good thing Chad called before coming home asking what was for dinner. He had to bring home pizza.
Here's what's left. We're pretty proud of our ingenuity, and it did indeed keep us from having to buy something. And I think the play room deserves this ugly thing for many years to come :)
Anyway, on Sunday we had an impromptu photo shoot. Aren't they beautiful! Chloe with her cute little fake smile, and Everett with his melt-your-heart smile.
2 comments:
I am so glad you updated! I was on pins and needles wanting an update. Glad ya'll are settling in fine. Me and Mom were just talking about how you can make something so ulgy turn into gold. You are so talented! I wish I had your talents also. I can't see the end result unless someone shows it to me. The kids are cute and I love the new family picture!!!
Everett is looking so much older in these pics!!! They are both adorable!!
Post a Comment