
I have officially been sucked in to the craze! Chad encouraged me to read Twilight with him; he wanted to read it because he thought I'd like it. For those that don't know it's a book, written by a Mormon woman, about a girl who falls in love with a vampire... yes, a vampire. I can't say she's a terribly good writer, but I'm totally sucked in by the giddy school girl love story! And Chad likes the vampire stuff. I don't read much partially because I can't stand an open-ended project. As I see it materialize, I have this obsessive need to see it finished. So all else gets neglected; and I read far too slowly for it to be ok. It's a good thing Chad takes it with him to work or I'd totally neglect the kids and everything else. Still, I think we started it Monday, reading out loud only after the kids go to bed, and we're almost done! I can't wait to get home and see the movie (in English of course.)
Friday, January 9, 2009
Sucked In
Posted by Carla at 10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh my gosh... I am totally going to have to give Chad crap on this. I read all the books in about 4 days - because, yes, it sucks you in. Reid refused, deeming them "Chick" books and he thought it would totally take away 50 guy points!!! I think it is funny that Chad got YOU to read them!!! Get ready to lose about a week of your life to these books. They are addicting. Oh, and the movie is not as good as the book - so don't have high hopes!
HA HA HA!!! Erik read them too. I haven't. I have them here but when I like a book, like you ALL THINGS get forgotten and I am in a world of my own. I have to be choosey when I read a book...Now is not that time due to 2 1 year olds. Have fun reading!
Not you too. For some reason I have NO desire to read this book. Yet I can't get away from it. I am glad you liked it. Maybe you'll have to conivince me to read it.
Carla never accurately reports things on her blog. So, for the record Leighanna, I suggested reading the book as something nice to do together. You see, I am the type of husband that is willing to do things my wife enjoys as well. Besides, Reid lost his Man Card years ago. -chad
Oh my gosh the comments are so... funny - Reid is too much as well as Chad - Love the "Whose your Chaddy!" I.D. As for the books - humm are they really good. The premise sounds weird "Vampires??"
MOm, apparently they are very addicting. YOu should have seen some of the blogs I looked at when the movie was coming out. Women standing in line from 8 in the evening just to see the movie at midnight. YOU know Leighanna, the movies are never as good as the books are. Who's your chaddy cracked me up man. And as far as REid loosing his "man" card. I say good all men need to get a little more sensitive side when they get married. Yall Crack me up!!
Post a Comment