Thursday, January 22, 2009

Home, and yet Homeless

Well, I can't sleep. And I can't decide if that's because I'm so excited about being home, or if I'm too stressed about being homeless. I hadn't been that worried, but now I am. We should find out today if we have a place to live though. We've been having lots of fun with Chad's family. I'm thrilled to finally have something else to wear besides the 4 t-shirts that I took to GTO. And the kids are thrilled to have toys and animals to play with. Day 1 was spent doing 5 loads of laundry (NOT by hand!) and going to Wal-Mart. Day 2, Chad spent with his brothers playing video games while the kids and I did some fun shopping and going out to eat at American places I've missed. I think I ate about as much as I do on Thanksgiving day. It's been like Christmas finding all of the things we left behind. Today we'll be praying harder than ever that we get into our old apt. complex as our favorite alternative is already gone. And we'll be packing up the van, with the hope that Chad doesn't have to go back early to find a place to live. And hopefully we'll get it all done and be able to have a little date. It's cold here! And bummer, we're going further north! But, at least there's central heat here, and we're on the latter end of winter. Oh, my Mom and I have some fun plans and I have a project planned with my Dad. And my Mom was able to get 2 days off work! Wahoo!!! So that's what's going on at the moment, maybe now I can get some sleep.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Carla,I want to hear about your plans with mom and your project with dad. I am glad you are back state side and don't worry about the apartment. If you can live through Mexico then you will be okay.

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Here Here to what Dana says. What cha doin' w/ mom and dad?

Bond Bedlam said...

Humm... You two just can't stand not knowing can you. Carla I cannot WAIT to see all of you.