So another week has come and gone, and it's marked off the calendar. That's the most notable part of this week, it's over, and only 1 1/2 more to go! We pretty much just rested from the eventful Christmas week we had with Chad's parents. Here's what we did do though. Chad took me to this hacienda where DIF hosted an organization wide work party. Guanajuato was founded as a silver mining town. Ex Hacienda San Gabriel de Barrera belonged to a man that got rich off of the silver mines apparently by exploiting the workers and whatnot. We didn't tour the house, just the gardens. Here's a small taste of the acres upon acres of beauty to be found here. 17 gardens in total each with different names and themes. It was nice and relaxing just wandering through such beautifully groomed paths and rooms.
In other news, we went to San Miguel again this Monday. On the bus ride home, we lost Everett's last pacifier. With him being sick, he hadn't been sleeping well and going to San Miguel... the kids were exhausted! So it was a rough night. But he's slept 3 times now with out it! After that first night, it's gone really well. We ended up finding another one, but I refuse to go back. I'd been dreading that first night forever, so I'm very excited to be past it and weaning him from it. I'm sick of trying to keep up with them, keep them clean, and buying a gazillion of them. Anyway, very exciting to me.
3 comments:
AMEN to the healthy kid thing. Read my post ahhhh! Paci free sounds wonderful. I hate those things. I am sure they are a love hate thing for you as well. Raise a glass to no pacifiers!
Those pictures are beautiful. I am sorry that Everett has been sick but yeah to being done with paci's. I still don't have my girls licked up sucking their fingers.
Love the pictures - I don't know how I missed this post. But everything looks beautiful there. It would be lovely to have a vacation home there.
Post a Comment