Wow, I've got two weeks to catch up on, and it was a whirlwind two weeks. So hold on to your tails (Chloe would say, "But Mommy, I don't have a tail!") So last Monday was a good day. I got to talk to my sisters. Everett was much happier, and his joy is infectious. It was warmer, so we spent half of the day on the roof. I got some cleaning up done and gave Everett a bath. He hates showers but enjoys baths. So after I finished laundry, I stripped him down and threw him in the bucket too. His chubby little behind barely fits, but he loved it. It was so much fun for all 3 of us just because he was so happy and giggly!
Thursday, was a half work day and Chad's work had a party. We ate dinner and played in the dirt at the park and broke pinatas. The pinatas were the best part. Friday, was another half work day. Our room mates threw a party on the roof. The husbands grilled out with lysol used as lighter fluid. Chad's bosses came. It was really fun and good to be able to put the kids to bed and still party. Lots of good food, lots of fun, with fire and Christmas lights as our only source of light on the roof.
Saturday, Chad's parents got here. So we went out to the mine here. It was fun, but not terribly noteworthy. Chloe's favorite part was the cat. After that we met our room mate, her husband, and Mary for dinner at a cute little restaurant we'd wanted to check out. Good food, good company, fun night. I so enjoy Mary, the resident at the clinic. She and I got to just chat all the way home just before she headed home for the holidays.
Sunday, Lydia and Chloe and I went to Leon for the shoes, purses, and other leather products. As usual, it was a feeding frenzy of shoppers. It was crazy and slightly unpleasant, especially on a Sunday. We had a really yummy lunch out though. The key chains are some of the crazy ones I mentioned last time we went to Leon, guitars, shoes, saddles, vests, holsters, purses, etc.
Monday we hit San Miguel de Allande. That's mostly just some good shopping. It was fun. Chad found me a wooden, carved nativity set for Christmas. I'm excited to put it in my home. I also found flowers made from corn husks. Some really neat things can be found there, and we took pictures at the main cathedral there.
There happened to be a wedding and the poor bride and groom looked miserable! When we were done shopping and chatting with the missionaries, we headed to the hot springs, balnearios. It was really nice and we all enjoyed the warm water. There was a tunnel in the rock wall of one pool. As you swim down into this cave, the water got hotter and hotter until you reached a hot tub/room with a waterfall and holes in the roof of the cave for a little light. It was like something out of a movie. It was really neat. The kids hung out in the kiddie pool.
Tuesday, we did laundry, packed and hit the road for Mex. City. It was a fairly pleasant bus ride shockingly, though I can't say the same for our cab driver! That night we managed to reach our hotel, Hotel Maria Cristina, the best hotel in all of Mexico! The next morning, we took a tour of Teotihuacan. That post will be forthcoming...
1 comments:
Carla I am so glad that you bought a wooden Navitiy - I think that you will cherish it the rest of your life and it will be a hierloom.
Post a Comment