Friday, August 12, 2011

Vacation at Home

I have had a great week! The grandparents wanted to take the kids for a week again before school begins. I wanted to make the most of it. And, unlike last time, I feel like I have. Sorry, no pics, but here's the major stuff I've gotten done (lots of stuff that would be a mess to try and do with kids):


1. sat in a 4x4 room in Raleigh for 2 hours while people fixed (hopefully) the DVD player in the van.
2. got a dress exchanged in Raleigh... that was tough. most of what's out there is that flowy style. I can't handle it, not on me.
3. went from store, to store... to store looking for a new swimsuit and some running shoes. i cannot shop for a swimsuit w/ kiddos, and they can't handle much store to store fun.
4. did some soul searching and regrouping.
5. ran with my lady friends. w/o kids as old as mine, we were able to talk and bond more freely. I am really in awe of them; they are the answer to several of my prayers.
6. most of all, first of all, and best of all, I went to the temple.

It's been a pathetic amount of time since I've been to the temple. And I've had challenges lately that have made me need the guidance, eternal perspective, and spiritual reset that the temple can provide. I LOVE the temple. My prayers were answered. Heavenly Father gave me exactly what I needed, even though it didn't come as I'd hoped or expected.

and 7. Of course Chad had carpel tunnel release surgery. It won't fix the swelling he's had for years, but will fix at least the syndrome it caused. And hopefully it will ease his pain enough to allow him to sleep through the night.

I'm glad the kids weren't here for all of this stuff. But I've missed them and am so happy to have them back! And I have enjoyed my evenings with Chad, just Chad, no stress or distractions, just chill. THANK YOU GRANDPARENTS!

0 comments: