After Chloe woke up this morning, she stayed in her bed playing with Curly a bit. So I went in and told her to get dressed for school. She smiled SO big and said, "oh yeah! School!" She was dressed in no time and spent the rest of her time preening. She painted her nails and even let Everett help her. She carefully picked out her hair bow and jewelry consulting me and Everett for opinions along the way. Then she anxiously waited for time to go. We went out front and snapped a few pictures. Chloe really wanted Everett in her picture and directed their pose for this first one. Everett had some bread he was eating. So she said, "Ok, give that to mama... and hold right here..." She's so cute and sweet!
Everett posed by himself for this one, bread in hand, and mouth. Handsome man.
This is the only one I directed. She loves her back pack.
Our schedule fell exactly as it did last year. It all felt very familiar. She got settled just before the bell.
I'm not a mom that gets teary over such changes. Last year's pre-k definitely prepped me. Last year, I was a little nervous about it all. I worried about her a little every day for the first week or two. But this time we just went straight off into our previous school routine followed by our summer routine of going running with my ladies, just delayed by an hour. Today I enjoyed a bit of quiet. And Everett enjoyed getting to play on the computer for a change (Chloe always dominates that activity.) We had a good day. I actually found conditions favorable enough to work a bit on my armoir build too. But we sure were glad to see her when she was done. This is her "trying not to smile" face.
She was excited to see us. She'd expressed many times her mixed feelings about starting school. She wanted to, but knew she'd miss us too. Same here Chloe, same here.
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Kindergarten
Posted by Carla at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
My goodness what day! It's always so exciting for them...and sad for us Mamas.
Post a Comment