We want to make the most of this time when we've got great weather, all of our kids are old enough, and I'm not pregnant (and can take all the suddafed I want.) So we went camping again last weekend. This time Chad's brother joined us up in Raleigh. It was nice. We camped right next to the lake and woke up to this:

Ok, so my cell phone doesn't really do it justice. Sorry, I forgot my camera this time. (I later discovered that my iPod does slightly better.) We got there kind of late, and they only had a double site open. We had to get dinner and set up one of the tents in the dark, and we forgot several important things. But we got through it and woke up to nothing but beauty.
On Saturday, we took a little hike and had lunch.
Our poor lazy kids whined most of the time. But it was fun when we took breaks and let them play on the fallen trees.
And shoot "guns" of course.

This is Everett's classic goofy/mean face (it works for both.) Chloe of course won't give me a straight face. still.
We weren't sure we'd get to stay another night. We had to wait and find out if someone canceled. During the heat of the day, we had to switch camp sites. After that, Chad and I got to rest while Uncle Tim took the kids back down to the lake to play. They came back soaked of course :) So we slept another night on a failing air mattress and packed up the next morning. We got home almost in time to make it to church, but then we had to de-tick everyone. Everett had two, one in his hair, the other on his poor little booty. Of course Curly had gobs of them, tromping through all those leaves... blech! I hate ticks! We may be done for the season... well, I dunno. I guess we'll try one more site here in town, also next to a lake, with an air mattress that works.
4 comments:
Ahh... too bad you don't live closer. I hate camping - and that is an understatement. However, your big bro and nephew love it. I wish I had someone I could send them with! Glad you guys are having fun being adventurous!
Oh Annie, that'd be awesome! Yeah, that settles it, you guys need to move back east ;)
What adventures !!!!
I always wanted to take you kids out when you were young (we went when you were teens) - But I just felt I could not handle all that work without Dad.
Post a Comment