Remember that shelving we installed in the garage?
There's not much room inside, but there's more storage space over all. And it's so nice to have a lot of stuff put away where I don't have to see it gathering sawdust. The opposite wall looks even better b/c that's where we keep most of the small stuff, and because the cabinets match.
I'd been wanting a spring wreath. I went to the dollar tree and spent forever gathering flowers, but decided against it. I thought I might do just as well cost-wise buying one pre-made. But they were a little cheap looking. So back to the dollar tree and the flowers I wanted were gone. I spent forever gathering different ones. (That's my one gripe about $1 Tree flowers, it's hard to find enough of the ones you want.) Poor Everett was so patient with me! I never was happy with them. Back at Michael's I bought the wreath and found the pink flowers. Still not happy with it, one grouchy evening, I sat down to put it together anyway to get an idea of what I'd need to get to make it work. The more I worked on it, the more I loved it! I was even able to take back some supplies. Total cost: about $13, almost half of the pre-made ones I was looking at.

And the latest completed task is the garden. Darn me and my lack of taking "before" shots. But in my defense, Chad kinda just went out and started ripping out the old bushes. Here's the idea, overgrown bushes (I actually liked them though, not like these ugly red-tips) and landscaping timbers that were rotting and not staying in place.
So we ripped it all out, tilled it...
During my work the kids found a massive "dangerous bee" (For some reason Chloe can't just call it a bee.) I hope that bodes well for our garden. :)
4 comments:
How do you plan on getting into the garden with it being so deep. YOu can't lean into it so you will have to step into it. I don't know what those big pink flowers are but they are very pretty!!!
Love the storage, love the wreath. Are you planting veggies? or flowers?
The fence is easy to step over, and we won't have enough plants to fill it. We're just trying a few at first... veggies that is.
Love the spring wreath - Now you make me want to garden - and my garden NEEDS it.
Post a Comment