I've had a crappy week. Today was not much of an exception. In addition to the source of my crappy week, C (the girl I babysit) and Everett fought all day, again. They're both having to learn to share and not be the boss. (Everett's never had a little sibling, and C's never had any.) It's no different when you add a little one to any family. When Chloe came home, she worked it out! She helped them share and take turns and compromise. I realized something her teacher said in her evaluation, that she's got creative problem solving skills, definitely one of her talents. She comes at problems with different ideas than I would have ever come up with and often finds a solution. It was amazing watching her with them. We worked at building the garden wall and she helped when I asked, with no complaints, gave me her "toys" as I needed them, and even helped check on C for me at one point when she had gone inside and came to the window looking sad. She was amazing! And she usually is, especially lately. I wish I could enumerate all the ways she's been so amazing. So I said, "Chloe, you're the Best Kid EVER!" She said, "yeah, I'm trying to make good choices because I can't WAIT to go live with Heavenly Father and Jesus again!" Yes, we had talked about that before, a while ago. But still, isn't that amazing?! She's 5 years old for pete's sake! My 5 year old adult. And I love her to pieces. Oh, and here's the funny part. She said, "yeah, I can't wait because sometimes Earth is kind of boring."
Friday, March 11, 2011
My Amazing 5 Year Old Adult
Posted by Carla at 11:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh yeah those are special times when you begin to see that your child is one growing up and maturing and two is thinking deeply about spiritual matters that you taught or they learned at church. THAT's why satan wants to defeat you! Because you are extremely important and key to teaching the Plan of Happiness to your kids.
And you should think she is the best kid ever!!!!! Cause she is. I think your kids, my niece and nephew are the greatest kids in the world!!! I wonder if being the oldest helps her to know how to be a peace maker. I felt a lot of times that I had that talent(even though I teased sometimes). she is a sweet girl and you need to give her a hug from me!!!
What a wonderful talent to have miss Chloe Joey. I am proud of her.
Post a Comment