Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Projects

I bought this drying rack at Ikea right after Christmas. I finally got everything moved around in my laundry closet and got it mounted. I love, love, love it! I can fit all of Chad's clothes on here! (He won't let me dry anything except short-sleeved t-shirts.) And I can still close the doors and not have to look at them while they wait to be ironed. and I can still get to everything behind it quite easily.And on to the Valentine's projects. I just finished this wreath. It took much longer than expected, but I love it. It was Chad's idea to make the sign an arrow. Very cute.
I cut out 5 hearts with a jig saw, glittered, painted and decoupaged them. This polka-dotted one is not my favorite, but it's Everett's favorite. I like the decoupaged one next to it. I got this idea because years ago, my sister had a cookie jar like this filled with eggs for easter. I'm going to do that too, but I figured I could do it for lots of holidays.
This "picture" was an idea from the internet. I used mostly scrapbooking items that I had on hand and painted a frame that I had with my dining room paint.
The blocks in the middle were a dollar spot ($2.50) purchase a long time ago. I've got a similar project idea for spring though so, stay tuned.
I'm not big on valentine's day... at all. But I do love my decorations, probably because it's mostly red ;)

4 comments:

Bond Bedlam said...

I love Valentine's Day - ahh because it is red also Carla. And of course about love. We went to the Stake Valentine's Day Dance and had a blast - go see my post on it. - Love the cute little hearts. I am glad you get to do things like that.

Dana said...

OH Carla its cute!!! Very fun thing to do. I looove the hearts cut out of wood. And what is the door decoration made out of??

Carla said...

The wreath is a thin piece of scrap wood cut into a heart. Then I covered it with fabric and made a million rose buds out of ribbon and hot glued them on. To make the rose buds, I cut 10 inches of ribbon, ran a thread down one side to gather it just a bit. Then hot glue along that thread and roll it up.

The Longnecker Zoo said...

How talented. I love the wreath Carla. I love it. I need something for our front door but have never found what I like or the $$$ I want to spend on what they want for it.