Monday, February 28, 2011

Update

I committed to re-start updating on Sundays. I've been failing. Never too late to start though right? ;) Last week looked like it would be a crazy busy week. I was to host play group, craft time, and our date night co-op. But on Tuesday, Chloe came home and got a fever. She was down Wednesday and Thursday. So we were quarantined and bored. By Friday, poor Everett was tapped out. He had to get out of the house. So I took him and the little girl that I babysit, C to the library. C was grouchy too, so we had to get out somehow. I was told it was really nice with a little play area and everything. Since it was crazy windy out, I opted out of the playground idea. Well, it was a really nice library, but the play area was just a bunch of puzzles. They still loved it though.


Fitting that her name starts with a C right? Yeah, they're going to get married one day ;) She and Everett play super well together. But one day a few weeks ago, she was getting sick and was super grouchy... so not like her. She cried all day. Everett said, "Quit crying! You cry all the times!" Haha, such a boy. Anyway, going to the library salvaged the day. I was grateful for that. That night we had a mercifully easy night babysitting. Only two families came and only for 3 hours.

Saturday, Chad pulled out our camping gear and went through it. We hope to go camping next weekend. Then he went to help a family move while the kids and I had lunch and naps. No one showed up to help, so he got home 4 hours later with legs made of jelly. But I'd gotten the shelves in the garage pulled down and ready to mount some cabinets. Chad's office has been remodeling, so we got some free cabinets. We had plenty of storage space, but it'll be nice to have some closed storage that doesn't get all sawdusty. So we got those up and I've been finishing mounting and loading them. They've been in the garage for a while. It's so nice to be able to walk around a bit. We've still got a long way to go before the garage is sorted out though. We've got so many projects we want to get done, but time and money is always too scarce. This week promises to be crazy busy too.

2 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Hopefully ya'll will get to go camping. We want to but will cost us a fortune to get all the equipment up front. Good luck with the cabinets. Pictures to follow I am sure. Love ya

Bond Bedlam said...

Well welcome to reality - I had always had a lot of ideas for projects but time and money just puts a damper on those. Dad still has Catamering (sail boat) blueprints - he was going to build a sail boat - then later it was a plane. Ha... such is life - you have to have plans and dreams.