Friday, October 1, 2010

Finally A Post!

Most of this has been on facebook, but for the sake of a post:


We've been busy enjoying cooler weather: changing the oil and my seasonal cleaning of my car. And I figured out how to fix my door handle. I was having to roll down my window to get out during the heaviest rainy week ever. I'm pretty proud b/c I thought I'd have to take the door panel off and everything, but no. It was pretty easy. I even tracked down the part and everything. Along with the cooler weather, we've been enjoying a fly infestation. Dunno where they're coming from, but it's like chinese water torture.We've been spending lots of time outside with Curly. We're doing much better with the potty training... MUCH. She goes outside just fine and rarely has an accident any more because we keep her well watched and corralled now. She hates it and whines to be let out, but tough! She's learning not to whine too since the kids (ahem, Everett) have "been trained" to stop letting her out when she fusses. She's also learning not to bolt the second she's let out. If she runs, I have to chase her. And then she pees everywhere when I catch her. Yeah, she gets lots of time outs. But I can tell she's learning, so it's not insanely frustrating. We've got to start being outside with the kids more again though because now she's digging up our whole yard. And she doesn't listen to the kids, especially when they're helping her :) Once the grass grows in though, some one is bound to twist an ankle. She's so funny how protective she is of her "bed." I made this nice pillow/case for her, but she kept peeing on it. So I took the pillow out and just gave her the case. I managed to teach her that it's her bed now (her bed used to be a towel.) So she doesn't pee on it anymore. But if we go to straighten it out, she bites it and will not let us take it. It's funny. The other day, she ripped the zipper off. So I had it hanging over the side. When Chad gave it back to her, she got SO excited.
Chad's been working on building an arcade unit. I'll post pics on that later. But since he went into it knowing nothing, I started this little project so I'd be on hand to help him. I was wanting to build it anyway. Poor Everett is too short for the gobs of stools we have in their tiny bathroom. So It's extra tall, and big enough for two to reach the sink. Though it's too big for the bathroom. I may cut it down... eventually. I feel like I'm busy, but still not keeping up. Anyway, I've been impressed with how much Chad has learned for his project. And impressed with his determination to see it through. Though he still won't paint any of it ; ) But now he's almost down to just setting up the computer/controls. He's learning has he goes there too. I've really enjoyed working with him on it, being able to share a hobby other than watching TV shows.
Right now I'm trying to re-finish all of the cabinets, while we've got the nice weather to air out the house. I started with my bathroom cabinets... it's not going well. The over-all looks more updated and nice, but when you look a little more closely... yuk. I'm disappointed, but it's not done yet. It might work out.

2 comments:

Dana said...

OH Girl you need to come out here and help me redo all the kitchen cabinets. The stupid stuff on it is peeling off. Its like this laminate stuff. Its horrible. Dad said if I get it all off they have stuff that I can make the cabinets have a total different look. I am a little scared to do it. I am glad Curly is doing much better. Hey I wanted to tell you that we are going to have Thanksgiving here at my house. YOU guys are welcome to come. I know its a ways away but if you can work it out, come. Love ya

Lisa Brown said...

So glad you are getting some cooler weather. And I am glad that Curly is behaving better. Sorry about the flies - I do not miss NC bugs, that is for sure :).