Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Busy School Days

So yesterday was the big day! Isn't she so cute?!

We had woken up too early, so when it was finally time to go, we loaded up and took a family bike ride over to the school.
Parked the bike and walked her in.
They did a staggered start. Half of the class had started the day before, so there were only 8 students yesterday. Chloe was only the second one to arrive. So we got her stuff in the cubby and settled in a chair.
And said our goodbyes.
And the three of us rode home and got cleaned up for the day. Chad went into work while Everett and I ran errands. We had a lot of them to run. In fact, Chad beat us home (it happened to be his half day.) At first I kept wondering, "what's wrong with Everett, why is he so quiet?" He's still silly, but much more mellow without his friend here. As soon as we got home, we rode right over to get her. I wasn't sure if she'd excitedly run to us and tell us all about her day, or if she'd be too worn out. She was so worn out. She said she even napped at nap time. It was so hot that we came home and all got straight into our swimsuits and played in the sprinkler together. That perked everyone up, and that's when she told me all about her exciting day. It was SO nice to get to spend so much time with Chad. I'm so thankful he has such a flexible job that he could be there for her big 1st day. We were all wiped out, but I stayed up trying to wade through all the junk from school.

We'd had a crazy hectic day Monday too, trying to get a kennel and whatnot for the puppy. Because Chad had gotten her during work. I went to my friends house and met her. She's so cute and sweet! But more on that later I guess.

Today has thankfully been much more mellow. Everett woke us all up at 6:00 with an insane fever. He's been a little sick for a while, but nothing major until last night. I don't think Chloe or I ever fell back asleep. She was grouchy this morning! After finally getting her to school, I was glad to not have to deal with it. But this morning, Everett kept disappointedly saying, "you're going to school again??" Everett and I have been having a nice chill day with lots of TV. It's freakishly quiet though. And Everett doesn't know what to do with himself it's kinda sad; he really misses her. It'll be good for both of us when play group and craft time start back up next week. I miss Chloe too and keep thinking, "she's way too young for school. What was I thinking?" Then I remind myself just how bored and sassy she was. So, no tears, just a little too much quiet (I didn't think that was possible.)

Upcoming excitement: we get to spend the long holiday weekend all together at the beach house. And then the following weekend is the kids' birthdays when they'll get the puppy and a surprise visit from grandparents (shhh!)

1 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Derek was the same way when Lily went to school for the first time. In fact, he still really misses her. And I can imagine how worn out she must be. Derek is exhausted, and he only has 3 hours of school a day.