Well, a week has gone by and I'm not loving the whole school thing like I'd hoped to. I don't enjoy having it dictated what to feed my child and when to be out the door. I feel like life revolves around school. But most of all Chloe comes home tired and rude... she's worn out and the kids have forgotten how to play together. She has friends, came out holding another little girl's hand the other day and has come home with bracelets and pictures from, I'm assuming her. I dunno, perhaps we'll adjust. It has only been a week after all. I am enjoying the quiet time with my buddy, and Everett is re-discovering how to play by himself.
I'm not so OCD about projecting these days, which is good. Just doing things as I feel like it. Lately Chad's been working on a "mame cabinet." It's an arcade cabinet with a computer inside so he can load all kinds of games on it. We put the kids to bed and both go out to the garage and build. I've got my own little project so I can be with him and be on hand as he needs help.
But here's something I did a week or so ago. I'd been looking for a basket to put on the tank of the toilet to hold TP. This house doesn't offer much storage space, so it had to hold a lot. And it had to be just the right size and shape. Every time I found one, it was between $7 and $23. I finally ran across this one (kind of literally) in Hobby Lobby for $5, half off. A little country, but perfect!
4 comments:
I remember Emma really having a hard time adjusting to Kindergarten. She for probably the first couple of months came home and fell straight asleep as soon as she got home. She will adjust and so will you. YOur life will never be the same. Just hold on for the ride girl!!!
What a great idea for a basket! I love it. And I'm missing Zona too! I hate that they're so picky about the home lunch I make.
That is a great idea. You are so talented!!
The adjust ment is hard, especially going from being home to being gone for a full school day. And I have to say that I hated losing my freedom when LIly started school. That is why I love summer and holidays - we are free to go or not go where we want, when we want. And about adjusting, it helped Lily to have more of a routine before/after school. With snack time and downtime in there. That way she didn't feel as frenzied.
Post a Comment