The guest/kids' bath came to us a pale peachy color...

... with orange peel texture. It wasn't terrible, but I didn't like it. It blended with the countertop and looked bad next to my yellow shower curtain. And orange peel reminds me of the many dumpy motels we've stayed in. In fact the super 8 that we called home while we came up here to house hunt had almost the same walls.

So I re-textured the walls. I did two coats with a card that's made for faux finishes. I smoothed it out to almost a venetian plaster feel, but with out the visual texture. Then I did the same technique with the flat enamel paint in a taupe. I love taupe.

Then I painted the hallway and entryway the same color. It's so much more updated than the brown-based tan that was there. I love a new coat of paint! Anyway, back to the bathroom. I then got some frames I had laying around. Two were canvas stretcher bars I'd made about 6 years ago, back when I worked in a frame shop. The other was a regular pic frame I made recently that just looked like crap. So I stretched some muslin around them...

I've had this clip in my possession also since my framing days, it was a pamphlet full of artwork we could order and sell. Having never really painted besides in art class, I thought, "I could actually do that."

So I painted two coats of primer and sketched out my pattern.

And painted it. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.


And now I love the guest bath!

It's maybe a little too much of that pattern here, but that hole needs artwork. Not sure what else to do there.

I love these two in the space.

4 comments:
OH my gosh girl. I absoutlely love the stretch frames that you painted they are just too cute. If you can't find what you need in the space then you don't waste any time making it!!! Just too cute. That is maybe something I need in my bathroom oh and in the bathroom down stairs. Just sooo cute!!!
I am so glad you posted your latest project. You are very talented. It looks great.
Awesome Carla!
You are so awesome! I need you here to help me with fun projects. I love how it turned out :).
Post a Comment