Sunday, February 22, 2009

Winter Blues (sort of)

So Chad is in the midst of traveling for interviews.  He went to WV last week, and this week, he'll be going to AZ.  Though I'm totally jealous of the time he'll get in the sun and warmth, I'm glad to be left here in my home where I feel safe and comparatively relaxed.  That is slightly monumental because none of us have ever done the being apart thing well, especially if I was the one left behind - a true testament to just how done with traveling I am.  


The temp has dropped again here and we got some more snow.  It seems like it'll never end even though we've only been here for the last half of it.  We're all aching to get out of the house, go play and exercise; sadly most of my outlets like exercise group and play group have died out.  Chloe likes the snow and had been asking to go make a snowman.  (Though she did say she wishes that the show was warm : )  Me too Chloe, me too!)  So we went in our back yard where the wind couldn't get us and we built one.  Here she's patting a "hat" onto his head.  His eyes are cookies.And then of course we had to make snow angels and throw some snow balls at each other.  Isn't she beautiful!Everett wasn't allowed out.  He has finally brought a cold into the house (it was a matter of time.)  Poor guy's been fairly miserable, but he seems to be on the mend - maybe.  We had a lot of fun last night.  As I was exercising, he started copying, doing sit ups and whatnot.  It was hilarious watching him with his chubby legs in the air and his big fat belly trying to sit up!  Of course he had to roll onto his elbow every time.  He cracks me up!  Today, after nap time we were all hanging out in my room.  He was grouchy but playing with some stuff qazi-contently.  Out of nowhere, he said "ssshew" (that's one of his newest words) dropped what he was playing with, crawled down stairs, dug through the bucket to get his shoes, came back up and asked to have them put on his feet.  He even has to have them on over his footed pj's - or sockless, whatever, he just has to have them on 24/7.  It cracks me up!  

3 comments:

Dana said...

Cool snow angel. My kids miss the snow but I certainly don't at all!!!

The Longnecker Zoo said...

What a nut that Everette is. And cool angel.

Bond Bedlam said...

All right - a man after my own heart - He LOVES SHOES!!!!