I have really enjoyed my kids lately! That's quite a blessing considering I haven't been in the best place mentally. So I'm grateful to Heavenly Father for that blessing.
He helped me realize that kids just don't move quickly. So if I give them plenty of time to accomplish a task, I get MUCH less frustrated with them. Getting to school is... well, pleasant! (Except when they sleep in.) Getting ready for bed is lovely. Life is good.
He also helped me remember that when I reached adulthood, I realized that while I knew what I needed to a few years earlier, I didn't think things through the same way. My brain wasn't fully developed. So kids (even late teenagers) just don't think things through like adults do. Which means, sometimes they dump all of the crumbs off of their plate as they take it to the sink.
We've also been spending lots of quality time together. They're awesome!
0 comments:
Post a Comment