Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Misc. Update

Been playing with my new camera. I've been reading, experimenting, and reading more. So far, I'm a little discouraged. Most of you can probably tell, I had to color correct most of these.I guess she's too old to give me a cute face...
Oh, there's my pretty girl.Everett requested this. Go figure.

So handsome. I love these next two.
On Mother's Day, church gave us each a rose. I think they were the most beautiful roses I've ever seen. You can't tell, after my editing (it looked like a deep red/pink) but it's a peach color with all of the variations that a peach has, with the deep orange/red and yellow. It looks great in my dining room. Maybe the auto white balance over corrected for my yellow walls? I had fun experimenting with my new camera... hopefully one day I'll figure out how to use it well and be happy with it.
In other news...
...the cast is gone!! After only a month, they took it off and left it off. He still has to "take it easy" for another "month." We'll see how that goes. It felt so good to let him soak in the bath and get all the dried goo off his leg. (I'm guessing the goo came from the water that got in there once. It was a lot. Oops) His foot was surprisingly not black from dirt. He played so happily for about an hour in the bath last night. I even gave him some extra hot water so he could keep enjoying the freedom. We'd been talking about what color he'd get next. I suggested red, like Lightening. So he was upset when he didn't get his new "nightnin' the queen" cast. But we went to Big Lots right after and ended up getting him some Lightening socks. One pair is Lightening, the other is Mator. He had one of each on his feet, and one of each on his hands. He's been super sweet affectionate and silly cuddly today. He almost feel asleep in his lunch. Then he just put his face in his plate and ate his bread lazily with no hands. Then I took him to rock and lay down for a nap. He kept saying things like, "I like your shirt." "I like your buttons." "I like you Ma-a." gently touching each as he said it. We've been trying to teach him to come out when he's done sleeping instead of just yelling and fussing (we had quite the opposite problem with Chloe!) So he later came out and said, "I done napping, *mumble* watch Cars!" He was good though and went to sleep without any more trouble. Actually he's been a really sweet boy lately.

We've had another bout of lovely weather here. Yesterday, we played outside a bit while Daddy worked on the sprinklers (he sprayed me pretty good, punk :)) and pruned a bit. We have a bush that smells great by the garage that was getting a little out of control. So Chad suggested I bring some of the sprigs in to make it smell great inside. Having never been able to do stuff like that before, I love it! Hopefully next year we can focus a bit more on gardening. I think the whole family will enjoy that. Maybe by then I'll have these pictures framed... hah!

1 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Your pictures are great, although I understand the beginning experimenting phase - and it is made even harder that your camera doesn't have any auto functions. You will totally get it though. The thing that helped me the most, was taking a couple photography classes at a local community college. And I love that you got to bring in sprigs of your bush :). My dream is to have a cutting garden someday.