Friday, September 14, 2012

Home

Since we've been home, we've been fed so well!  This one's from Chad's work.
 We thoroughly enjoyed it. :)
Chad took a week and 2 days off work.  It was SO NICE to have him home!! When I have babies, all I want to do is hibernate with my little family.  I fall in love with each of them all over again.  And Chad was so helpful.  I didn't have to do anything but take care of Calvin.  And he loved it too.  His first day back to work, he came home clearly having missed the kiddos.  It was heavenly.  Seriously, if only we didn't have to have money to live the way we do...

And Chloe had her birthday.  Throughout the year, I managed to talk them down from a Monkey Joe's bash, house guests, and a home made birthday party.  But we still tried to make them feel special.  I decorated their bedroom door and her dinner chair.  Chad made a big breakfast with candles and presents.  He let me sleep in until everything was ready.




And the kids were so excited about the new toys that we didn't see them the rest of the day!  It was quite a nice mellow birthday bash.  Oh, and don't worry, I did make Chloe's requested kind of b-day cake for after dinner.  The pancake is just what we used for singing and candles.

And Everett's birthday is on Sunday.  He's excited to be sung to at church.

And Calvin... oye.  He's one high maintenance baby.  He cries if he's not being fed or held.  Oh, and he hates my Moby wrap that I LOVE.  And he gets mad at pacifiers.  He started out with gas.  But because both of my others were allergic to milk, I cut that from my diet (that is HARD for me!) and he seemed much better.  Then he contracted my cold and yeast issues.  We went to get his circumcision done but instead got the yeast taken care of.  And he seemed better.  But now his poop is green, like spinach.  *Sigh* I do feel bad for him.  He's miserable.  And I don't know what's wrong now.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Hey, the green poop made me look twice. Adam is a very high maintenaqnce baby as well, and when he started having really green poop I looked around online and found my answer

http://www.llli.org/faq/oversupply.html

I don't know if it's the same for you (I made was too much milk and the flow was too much for him to handle) but it's worth reading in case it is. I did what they suggested and it fixed a lot of his unexplained fussiness and his poop is back to the right color.

Good luck!

Jodie said...

(me again, sorry) but I remember that the green poop is possibly due to a lack of hind milk (like if you switch sides before he gets all of the hind milk and only fills up on the foremilk). It's the hind milk that fills them up and keeps them satisfied (and less fussy).

Okay, I'm not trying to give you unwarranted advice, but we just went through all of this and I just wanted to share it in case it worked for you too! GOOD LUCK!!

Anonymous said...

your post made me happy to see your family getting settled and loving life. Congrats again to ya'll.

Bond Bedlam said...

Love the little B-D Party Cute pictures and so... glad you got to hiberate with you little family. That is heavenly