Sunday, April 29, 2012

Disney Part 1

Sheesh!  Another month is almost gone, with no weekly updates.  In my defense, we've been gone a lot.  Over spring break (Easter week) we went to Disney World.  A week after that, we spent the weekend in ATL with my parents.  So this week, I hope to post about most of our trip.  

So here's day one and two of our trip.  We didn't stay in a Disney hotel, do a special character meal, or any of those extras.  We didn't even stand in line to meet any of the characters.  So in the end, it was just a theme park.  But we did have fun.  If you remember two years ago, we went in June.  BIG MISTAKE.  It was so hot, I spent one day in the hotel, sick while everyone else did Disney.  And it was so crowded, I felt almost claustrophobic at times.  This time was MUCH better, but still, I don't care to go back unless it's off season.  Anyway, last time, we didn't do Hollywood Studios.  But we loved it!   We rode the Star Wars magic motion machine ride... well I was reluctant to do anything at first b/c of the baby.  But Chad and the kids rode it and said it was awesome!  So I rode it, and it was pretty awesome.  A magic motion ride is where they put you in a pod of sorts with usually a 3d screen in front of you, and the pod moves and makes you feel like you're really in a spaceship; your heart drops when you fall, things like that.  They range from barely more than a 4D video to a full fledged ride as far as motion goes.  It's our favorite kind of ride. 
We saw the Indiana Jones stunt show.
Just before leaving for FL, we bought "Hop" for Easter.  So the kids spent a lot of the week watching it on the iPad while we waited in line and such.
We saw a Disney Junior show where they had puppets from "Jake and the Neverland Pirates," "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," "Little Einsteins," and "Handy Manny."  That was a lot of fun just b/c they watch those shows every day.
And we saw "Beauty and the Beast" the play.
Day 2:  We went to Universal.  We started out at Hogsmeade.  We saw Hogwarts.  The kids rode a hippogriff ride w/ Chad (I was still being paranoid, about any bars coming across my belly and such.)
So I wondered through a shop briefly, but it was so dark and packed I could hardly move.  I was pretty excited to see the Marauder's Map, complete with moving footprints.  But after that, I left and stood in line for a butter beer.  It was good. They offer one that's like a slushy, and one that's soda.  I got the slushy.

After that, I was in a foul mood b/c I could do the ride through Hogwarts.  And we couldn't decide what to do b/c it was so crowded.  Chad didn't want to see any other stores; I couldn't ride rides.  So I took the kids to Dr. Seuss world while Chad rode something.  Any time the kids didn't have the iPad available, they were doing this, especially Everett.
After a ride, we met back up and saw a Sinbad show.  I dunno anything about Sinbad, but it was fun.  Everett thought it was awesome!  There's one part where the good guy doesn't know the bad guy's behind him.  So he farts.  Everett was repeating the lines from that part for the rest of the day and just giggled like crazy each time.  I swear the whole arena could hear him giggling during the show.
Later on, we went to Jurassic Park.  We rode a pteranodon (the ones that fly) which Everett knows all about from "Dinosaur Train."
There was a fun play area.  While I rested in the shade, the kids (yes, I'm including Chad here. He had as much fun as the kids did.  It was a lot of fun to watch!) ran the rope maze and shot at some kids below.
And we had to pass through Marvel Island.  We went into one shop, and Everett quickly found several things he had to have, the main one being a spiderman cup with room to put his name on it.  I told the kids they could get ONE thing during our time in FL.  But we would be back, so Everett should wait and see if there was anything else he wanted.
Stay tuned for the other days' events.

1 comments:

Dana said...

Matthew went crazy as he came upstairs and saw the picture of the kids around iron man. OOOOOOOOO I want to see iron man!!!!! I wish we could have gone too!!!