Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lately

Boy what a fantastic sabbath!! Every testimony meeting should be so much about our Savior and His atonement. BTW, it's official now, so I can announce it: I've been released (actually that part isn't official, somehow that always gets overlooked with me) from my calling as ward missionary. I've struggled with that calling ever since we moved here over 2 years ago. So I'm excited to have a new calling now. I am Stake Relief Society Presidency(the women's organization, presiding over about 7 congregations) Secretary. That I can do. Though I do feel a little overwhelmed, I am excited. I'm excited to serve with some truly amazing ladies. I'm excited to be stretched and taught without being paralyzed. I'm excited to succeed at my calling. And my leader was excited to put me to work... 2 weeks ago;). One thing that does make me a little nervous is the fall. It's the time we have our ladies' retreat/campout. It's a big event to plan. At the same time I'll have a newborn, school starting, and our pre-k co-op starting. Yeah, btw, I'm hoping to do homeschool with Everett and a couple other kids. So I'm going to have to learn how to teach pre-k too. He has been so stinking bored this year. But I don't feel he's desperate enough to warrant the extreme of putting him in public pre-k like I did with Chloe. And I won't be committed if it's just me trying to teach him on my own. So we'll give this a go... if we can get one or two more ladies to commit.

But that's all in the future. What's been happening lately? Being pregnant. Here's me at 12 weeks. I'm now 16, but haven't taken that photo yet. Nothing has really changed anyway though.
I've never taken pics of my belly growth. It seems slower this time. In fact, last I checked, I'd only gained a few pounds so far... within normal limits, just weird for me. But there are lots of reasons for that to be the case. That being said, I still feel huge, like I can't bend over or breathe. Me being nervous this time around, I'm also very eager for our anatomy ultrasound... you know in addition to finding out the gender. Anyway, that's coming up in 3 weeks. In two weeks we have spring break; April's going to be a good month!

These past weeks have been tough. I have really crappy doctors (good ones are even harder to come by here b/c they're mostly army trained: socialized, trained to NOT care.) So I was stressed about whether or not to switch, who to switch to, etc. It's also hard to get good recommendations here b/c most people have their care on base or haven't been here that long. So I prayed about it and am now in the process of switching. I don't know anything about the new doctor. But a change had to be made asap, and I felt fine about his name.

So under crappy care, I struggled for 2 months with a rash that would sometimes wake me up at night. And I got really anemic, with heart palpitations and barely the ability to get up long enough to get the kids out to school. I'd eat, rest, vomit, rest, finish eating, rest, get dressed with a stool, rest... you get the picture. Not fun. It took me about 3 weeks to get it back under control. But it is under control now. I'm still vomiting occasionally but thankfully not nauseous any more. And all of this poor health did make me grateful for just the normal pregnancy ailments. I'm finally feeling good, happy, blessed. Just in time...

It was a crazy week with the fridge going out. It was going to be busy even before that happened. I tell you what, I honestly don't know how people ever lived without them. Food just doesn't keep w/o it, even in coolers with ice.

Wednesday, I was blessed to find a new one quickly, in stock, for a pretty good price. My only regret is not having them deliver it. Thursday was insane trying to get it home when Chad had to work all evening. So after the kids were in bed, we had a friend come over and help. But then they had to call two other guys. I'm so grateful to have people around us that are willing to serve when they are needed. Anyway, it's in, and fantastic! We hated our old one, but love this one. Hope it lasts. Friday I worked trying to get rid of the old one and clean up the disaster that was our house. Saturday we went out for breakfast at dunkin' donuts which just opened up here. It was a fun treat, just what the week called for. Chad turned the microwave and fridge boxes into a play house for the kids (I'll FB pics later; it's pretty sweet.) And we didn't see the kids the rest of the day. They didn't even break to eat lunch when we took it to them. Chad and I just chilled, finished installation and some other jobs; It was lovely to have a calm day. And what a blessing to have Chad home on Saturdays now! Everything's more relaxed, fun and happy with Daddy around.

2 comments:

Leighanna said...

Carla- I am so sorry you've been sick. It couldn't be for a better reason - but that doesn't make it any less miserable! You are so brave to be contemplating taking on so much! I am trying to figure out what little I can do and still qualify as an adequate mother! :D We can't wait to find out what you are having. We are so excited to have another cousin!

Dana said...

I just about flipped out when I read Stake RS President. Thats how I read it and then I read on. Secretary sooo suits you and you will do a wonderful job!!! As always what you do turns to gold and it will be no different in your new calling!!! Can't wait to hear more about your new dr!!!