In October a friend taught me to make bread and overcome my fear of yeast. It's actually a lot of fun, like projecting. Just turn on some music and get to kneading.

After a month or so of looking, I broke down and got a dishwasher. I installed it myself. But my diy confidence was massively shaken when I flooded the house. I mean, all the way into the living room, entry way and dining room. Always know where the house shut off is! Though in my defense, I'd shut it off at the sink, which should have worked. The wood floors will have to be sanded down as they're a little warped. The kids had fun in the box though.

And the next day, my mom came to visit. It was nice to see her. We played a little arcade...

and visited every historical sight we could come up with.

One cool thing though is that it involved a gorgeous church in town. So I had fun taking pictures along the way. I'd wanted to ever since I saw it about a year before.

Curly has stopped being such a butthead puppy. I've enjoyed her.

And of course she learned to play soccer.
And Halloween. I had fun decorating, but other than that struggled to get behind the holiday. But the kids still had fun. Everett wanted to be... I can't remember, I think Buzz Lightyear again. Since that costume still fit, it would've been just fine with me. But then Daddy said he was going to be Woody, and it was all over:) I just had to make their shirts. What handsome Woodys they are too. And Chloe of course was Rapunzel. And off we went to the church trunk or treat.

The day before Halloween, I/we finally got around to carving pumpkins.

And then we got out the Mr. Potatohead-type stick-ins. So they had fun adding those. Chloe had gotten a little pumpkin from school, so she did that one.

And Halloween night, it rained. So almost no one came to our door and the kids came back cold, wet rats, but pleased with their haul.

So that was October in a nutshell, at least the good parts... oh, and the flood... So I guess I should say, the parts I have pictures of ;)
3 comments:
Oh My! Nice work on flooding the house. Yikes!
Love the Halloween costumes. Nice work!
I never thought that you would be afraid to play with yeast. AFter all the other awesome things that you do. I didn't realize your whole floor flooded. Carla I love you and the Lord has a plan for you. YOU are a good woman and I am grateful you are my sister.
Oh so cute. I love the twin Woody's. How fun. Love the pics and fill in :)
Post a Comment