We've had some joy and excitement lately. Chad had surgery to fix his carpel tunnel syndrome and is feeling "normal" at the moment. And Friday, I found out for sure I'd finally gotten pregnant.
Now for the trials: Chad's found a good bit of relief from the surgery, but of course it didn't fix the root problem, chronic inflammation, which caused the carpel tunnel problem in the first place. The doctors have no idea what's causing the inflammation. He felt inspired to be tested for gout. But that too came back negative, just like every other test. What the heck? But that blow is dampened by the fact that he's not in pain right now.
Anyway, our main trial right now is that I miscarried, mainly Monday/Tuesday. I was already WAY more invested at just a few weeks than I was last year when I miscarried at 12 weeks. All of this positive test and miscarriage fun happened in the midst of the kids' birthday weekend with family in town... *sigh* It's been a super emotionally traumatic few days. It was bad. It was so early that the Dr. couldn't even confirm that it was a miscarriage, but it was. I've mourned the loss. This morning, I had a good run with a good friend. We talked some stuff out, and she made me "leave it all on the road." I ran harder than ever. And it worked. Today was actually pretty good, more-or-less happy and productive. Now I'm wondering, what now? We haven't yet prayed or made any decisions about where to go from here. I suppose just try again... third time's a charm right? I dunno, we'll see.
11 comments:
Oh Carla...I'm so sorry to hear about both Chad's problem and your miscarriage. I miscarried at ten weeks or so and I didn't think it would be that hard to get over. It was, and it took me forever to want to get pregnant again. Just go with your gut when deciding what to do. It will be right. Sending hugs from afar!
Dang it Carla! I'm so very sorry. I do understand that pain and sorrow. It's gut wrenching. I do know that Heavenly Father has your back and has a plan. I have been told this many times in my life and know He does for you too...but it sure doesn't taken the hurt away. I love you Carla and are mourning with you.
I am so sorry Carla. I just wish I could be there with you. I am hurting for you and I wish I could just hug you. We pray for you and will continue to do so. We love you greatly.
OH Carla, I am soo sorry you miscarried and Chad is struggling trying to figure out what is the main problem. I know that I have been there and experienced both of those situations. Its not easy but you will get through it!!!! There is a reason for it all!!! Who knows maybe you will end up having twins too to make up for loosing a couple!!!! Wouldn't that be nice. I am so glad that you were able to leave it on the road!!! That is a hard thing to do when it hurts so bad!!! I love you and will be praying for you guys!!!
That hurts my heart to hear about your loss-I can't imagine what yours must feel like. I love that you "left it all on the road." Sweat does seem to relieve a bit of troubles.
If you need to talk you can call anytime! I'm sorry for your loss. I can't help with the staying pregnant part, but the concieving I've been dealing with for a while now.
Feel free to call when our husbands are battling it out!
As for Chad's inflamation. I can diagnose that - stop playing xbox with my husband. It's a rare link, if he convinces my husband to get rid of his system, I'm sure the inflamation will go away. It's worth a try at least :D
I am so sorry Carla. I too understand the pain that goes along with a miscarriage. My heart is breaking for you. Please know that we are praying for you and Chad.
~Sarah McLane
Darn, girl! I'm so sad to hear about all that. I, too, understand the emotions of miscarrying after having invested so much excitement and joy into the pregnancy, and I know sometimes it's hard to bound back. So I'm glad you were able to "leave it on the road" and move on. I need to have that same attitude with a lot of my current trials. Sending good thoughts your way. Good luck!
Carla so.. sorry. I love you and glad that you are healing.
Love Mom
I am so sorry Carla. I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years now, and I can't imagine trying for all that time, and then losing the pregnancy.
Catching up... sorry for your loss. Grieving is normal and you should allow yourself to grieve. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment