... what a blessing! I can't say enough how blessed I've been in the few months since I've started running. I run with 3... well, now 1 to 2 very dear friends. Nothing can bring you closer to a person than working hard together. I've had very dear friends in the past who I loved and trusted completely, but it's been a long time. Finally I have that again in my life, and it's because I've been running with them. One of them is a natural born therapist and knows when to push me to work harder and when to let me just be stubborn. I'm grateful for her/them every day. And even when they weren't there on Monday and Tuesday, they've helped me get strong enough to run alone... and enjoy it, and work through things in my own head. My muscles are stronger, my heart is stronger. Anyway, this morning I realized that I've been blessed this week to not cramp too badly. Monday, when it all start, the pain ended within the first few minutes of my run. This morning, I thought for a minute I wouldn't get to run, but it ended in time. Coincidence? No way. I'm very grateful to my Father in Heaven for providing me with such dear friends and such a constructive outlet. If it had been taken away this week, I certainly would not be doing as well as I am today. And thank you all for all of your sweet words. I certainly do feel all of the prayers making me stronger than I am on my own.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I think you're right about running and the impact on friendships. I have a friend here who started running with me months ago-and we both started brand new. It's been good to have that person to meet milestones with-and to also keep you accountable and encouraged! Although I don't see how you talk to your friend, I just gasp for breath :)
Post a Comment