Thursday, April 21, 2011

Long Overdue Update

I'm so long overdue on an update that I don't remember what's happened. A lot has happened though. The main things are these:

We finally broke down and bought a new van. '08 honda Odyssey exl. it has features! I've never had a vehicle with features... only driven one in my life. and this one is loaded... leather, dvd, sunroof, key less entry... good stuff. Very exciting! Best of all, it cranks on the first try and doesn't grind to a halt or stink after any mild rain... unlike the old one we were driving. I finished re-finishing the family farmhouse table just in time to move it in the house and make room for the van in the garage.

Not long after that, I had a little mishap...... I nearly sawed my finger off with my jigsaw. Don't really wanna go into detail. I was being stupid, tired, and didn't listen to the spirit with it told me to stop being stupid. It's healing quite nicely and quickly though. It doesn't even hurt to type anymore.

Our garden is coming along. We have lots of corn and potato plants. Apparently they're pretty hearty. We got those into the ground and the corn seems to just be trying to stay alive right now. But the potatoes are thriving.
Today, I took Chloe to Kindergarten registration. They did a sampling of all of their classes while parents did paperwork. She's excited to become a bigger kid... she gets to play on the big playground and eat lunch the cafeteria!! (Right now she's in pre-school at the same school.) I'm excited for her b/c she really is ready to move on. She hasn't learned much at pre-school and is aching to learn. I suppose she'll be there for quite some time being the oldest child in her grade level. So I learned about a program they do at her school called "multi-grade." Basically, a K teacher and 1st grade teacher team up and combine classes every now and then. I think it'll be so perfect for her b/c she'll get some 1st grade curriculum now and then in 1st grade she'll be able to mentor the younger ones which helps re-enforce what she's learned. Plus she'll move on next year with the same students and teachers. We thought and prayed about sending her to a spanish immersion school, even signed her up. But decided that it might subject her to slightly more unsavory students. After-all we bought into this school district for a reason. But I never really felt like I got an answer to my prayers. I feel like the multi-grade thing is that answer. I just really feel like it'll be perfect for her.

So now we're gearing up for spring break next week w/ extended family and friends in GA. We're leaving tomorrow and going to the ATL temple open house. We're very excited about that! It's a maybe once in a lifetime thing. They've had their bags packed all week with just a pair of white church clothes. Other than that, we're just going to see where the wind takes us :)

1 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

On the way down to ATL I was thinking about your finger and was gonna ask you about it. But then, totally forgot. It does look painful! You of all people getting an injury like that. Crazy! And I LOVE your van. Welcome to the Honda family.