Ok, I've been busy, both before and since Thanksgiving. We had a nice Thanksgiving at my in-law's beach house. Wednesday, Chad got off work early, but we got on the road late. It was a nightmare. When we were ready to leave, all heck broke loose. Everett and Curly peed and pooped everywhere (yeah, I really get tired of cleaning up potty messes) And Chloe had to have a big long time out. (We've really been struggling with her bad choices, attitude and lying for a long time now. It got worse over our Asheville weekend when she got anything she wanted.) We got to the beach house late. So Thanksgiving day was kind of rough in that respect. The kids were tired and ornery, but Chad and I enjoyed just helping with the meal and chilling.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Thanksgiving
Curly was doing well with house training until we got back from Asheville. Since then she has regressed completely. We took her with us to the beach house. She did fine in the car. She seemed to remember and love my MIL from our Asheville weekend. She even seemed to remember her 3 little dogs from the kids' birthday. But Curly had never before met the two cats. Yikes!! She was all big and bad when they were behind the sliding glass door, but when they came in, she bolted. It was pretty hilarious, but the poor thing was terrified the whole time we were there. Any time they came near, she would run into my lap and shake. We had a yummy turkey brunch, a big nap, and watched Second Hand Lions. That's a Chad tradition.
Black Friday was fun, for me anyway. I left early to get a few things... by early I mean around 7:30. I don't do the early bird specials. So by then the mad rush was over. It was a little crazy, but I didn't have to wait more than a couple minutes in lines. And I managed to get everything on my list, even if I did have to go back to a different Target late that night.
The poor kids couldn't go to the park b/c I'd taken the car seats. I got back from shopping to see the kids "fishing" with Papa.
I guess they were pretty done by the time I got there. Chad said the kids were having fun touching the fish and throwing them back, while Curly just freaked out scared.


Having never really done it, and having collected such vastly different things, it was tricky to figure out where everything should go. So I decorated here and there over the next few days. Chad would tell you I agonized over it ;) Monday, I finished the outside.
After that, I went out with Lydia collecting pine cones for some Christmas decor. I had fun. We drove back to our home around 3:00 with no problems.
Saturday, we pulled down the Christmas decorations and I got started. The kids had so much fun pulling everything out and playing. And it was fun to watch the magic and excitement. Last year I'd gotten lots of things from my Mom and MIL. My MIL likes a whimsical Christmas, so most of it was stuff that the kids can play with i.e. stuffed ornaments, a plastic santa music box, etc. It was fun for me too to rediscover some of the beautiful things I've collected along with some of the new things from my mom. It was so nice for the first time that I didn't have to freak out over them touching everything because they had plenty of other things they could play with.
We've always used a 7 ft. alpine as our family tree because that's all that would fit in our apartments. It looked so sad in our new home last year. So on black friday I bought a real tree. They were out of stock, so it's in the mail somewhere. I'd planned on making that alpine the kid's tree. But I kept thinking, "do I really want to put up two trees?" Even as I was unwrapping it I thought, "really? why am I doing this?" Oh, I'm SO GLAD I DID! They LOVED every minute of it!! It was SO GREAT to not worry about things breaking or worry about what it looks like! (Because I am totally Monica. Remember that episode of FRIENDS?) I think I put one ornament on it. They were so excited. It was wonderful!!! They can move them every day if they want (and they do.) The little trees in their hands I made years ago. I'm surprised they've lasted so long. I'm still proud of them. But they look really out of place now, so they're the kids' now.
You see all the ornaments are at the bottom. Hehe, I love it! They later got stools to better disperse them. That was Chloe's idea. They had a hard time leaving it that night for bed.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Posted by Carla at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HOw fun, we have yet to get our tree up. It just doesn't feel real enough without the tree. We have a small tree that MOm gave me last year but its not finished. We do have some outside lights up but not all of them. With Tom's schedule and the kids having activities at night. YOur tree looks very cute and I am sure the kids had a blast!!! Thanks for all the pictures you sent me. I looooooove your family picture its way cute!!!
Love the new family picture. SO cute. And I am glad you gave up some control with that. My kids bugged me to help and I was a bit frusterated at times. But they totally helped me get it ALL up instead of farting around with it over the next week. It's good for the kids. Tell them it looks BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to see ya'll!
Post a Comment