Everett is in a stashing phase. He started to hide his Halloween candy in the dryer "to keep it safe." Thankfully I caught that one. But it's hilarious all the strange places we've been finding things. Unfortunately I can't think of any others at the moment. He did start to put something in the fridge the other day too, (maybe franklin?) but he couldn't get the door open.

Curly... She's a lot of work, and I want to ring that dog's neck sometimes because of the potty training issue. But other than that she really is a pretty good dog. I think I've managed to teach her not to eat poop. That was a surprisingly easy thing. She's grown a lot since we got her. She's 10 pounds now! And even though she's small, she's not yippy. She'll growl at a threat, but she almost never barks. Really the only time she does is when there's a stranger in our yard, but not even when someone comes to the door! But earlier, we were playing/working in the front yard and she started barking at the homemade scarecrow on the front porch. Isn't that a riot?! Silly puppy. It took me a while to figure out what she was barking at. I think she thought it was a stranger... guess it works.
She doesn't yip or bark, but she does whine for freedom. Squirting her is pleasingly effective though. Today, she's been out of her corral a lot. So she's been very happy. But when I put Everett down for his nap, I rocked him and sang for a few minutes. Well she whined until he went and opened the door for her. She ran and jumped right up onto the rocking chair with us and licked Everett like crazy. She and Everett really do have a good bond.
I finally gave up trying to fight this. Gross as this is, aren't they cute?
Every time we arrive home from errands, Everett, before even getting in the house will start to giggle and say hi to her. He spends lots of time laying on her bed while she just licks and plays all over him. Chloe likes to smush/hug her. So Curly's not so keen on her. The other day Chloe said, "Curly doesn't like me very much because I squish her." It broke my heart, but apparently it doesn't hurt her feelings enough to make her quit. It's fun to watch them all play together.
2 comments:
I am glad you posted some about Curly. We have been wondering about her. She has really grown a lot. I am glad that you guys are enjoying her. You just might have to get a dog that like Chloe. Poor girl. She is the one who wanted a dog the most. It makes me sad that she knows Curly doesn't like her very much.
So glad you caught the candy in the dryer before it was too late :).
Post a Comment