We've been just surviving here lately (hence the lack of posts.) The absolute worst part of not having a home is not having good doctors that you trust, health insurance, things like that. So after lots of calls, frustrations, money, and waiting, I was finally able to get a few things taken care of and feel much better. It was draining and I'm glad it's over, for the moment. Here's hoping we can get settled before any of us come down with anything else that requires a prescription. At least the kids have medicaid!
Anywho, here are some of our other happenings. It's been too stinking hot here to do anything, so I found out about a children's museum in ATL that does a free day once a month. So we went up there to try that. We got there too late to get in though, so we went over to Centennial Olympic Park (from the '96 summer games) and played in the fountain. Chad and Everett didn't want to get wet, but Chloe and I had fun. She was drenched!
I also finally finished re-finishing this dresser. It used to be painted green, UGLY. It has needed to be re-finished for the 30 years my parents have had it. I needed a project, so I did it. Here's a tip, avoid stripping paint at ALL costs. It's not fun and it burns! But I don't regret it because underneath was a bright cherry red stain on cherry wood. I stained over it black, so the red shows through, gorgeous! My parents and I are very pleased that it's done and it looks great. (Sisters, I have DIBS!)
2 comments:
Holy Cow that dresser looks absolutely gorgeous!!! Well done Carla!!! Hey I have been meaning to send you a thankyou note for everything that you have done for me when I was sick. I ran out of thankyou note and I just keep forgetting to get more. So If I never send you a thankyou note just know that I appreciate everything!! I love ya
Holy Crap!!!! I love it!!! That should have been done years ago.
Post a Comment