It's been a crazy couple of months!!
Before going to SC that last time, I went to MS to help my sister with 4 of her 7 kids. She has since gotten a new doctor in TN and the badly needed surgery. She has spent the last month in TN recovering and is doing VERY well. Everyone is so excited and grateful to have a healthy Dana back!
Then the kids and I went back to SC where Chloe learned this:
Eat your heart out Michael Phelps! I'm SO SO SO proud of her! Swimming at age 3, can you believe it? Again we had a blast.
Chad's wonderful parents spoiled us with some pampering and babysitting and even kicked us out for a desperately needed date. I can't say enough about how wonderful they've been! It certainly helps make the most of a tough time.
I've also crafted a bit in between the travel and mahem.
When we got back from the beach, we moved down to my parents' house. It's been fun spending time with them, but hard having Chad spend half of every week with his parents working. I'm still really struggling to be patient in life... it's not been going so well, my poor parents. Especially when I realize that we've got at least another two months to go.
Oh well, we have been making fun memories. We take walks together and let the kids pet the horses down the street. The kids loved playing in the pool inside!
We had lots of company for the 4th. My crazy nut of a sister, Allison and her family came to drop off Dana and visit for a few days. (She left this picture on my camera as a prank. Who's laughing now my friend! : ) hehe.) We went to IKEA and the "American Girl" Boutique. We also hung out "at the pool," played cards, ate lunch and ice cream outside... Fun Fun. I love summer-time activities. And it was SO nice to have cousins around to entertain my kids! They'd go off and play, have a blast and not bug us for anything!
On the day of the 4th, my cousin, aunt and grandpa came down. It was really great to see them! We ate a big traditional lunch and just hung out talking. We really had fun. We also got to briefly meet my grandpa's fiance, along with one of her daughters and two grandchildren. My grandmother died 2 years ago. We were very close growing up, so it's been kind of hard for some of us to accept the idea of him re-marrying. Especially since she's already got plans of changing "our" farm house where we lived for a while and spent every summer after that. But it was really good to meet her and see just how happy she makes my grandpa. He's giddy in love and it's cute. It was also good to see how attached her grandsons already are.
Today, I came back to MS (sans children, can you believe it?!) to bring Dana back to her family. We had a great drive just talking the whole way (since we don't share interest in the same music.) We stopped for a leisurely lunch at the cracker barrel and enjoyed not having to deal with any bored or tired kids the whole way. I was ready to get out when we got here, but the trip went by rather quickly.
They sure have missed their wife and mother! After dinner and some birthday festivities we shot fireworks. What state will I be in next week?
2 comments:
I love it Carla. I realized at one point on our drive down and now reading your blog that I never offered to drive. Maybe that would have taken some of your tiredness away. I am sorry but I do thank you for all you have done to help me. Words will never be enough to express my gratitude. YOu didn't tell me about the wonderful stitched shirt. YOu are so dang talented!!!
You're gonna get it!!!!! Just wait!!!!!
I had a blast with you Carla...just wasn't long enough!
Post a Comment