Thursday, May 14, 2009

Papa and Gigi's


I am having fun watching the kids make lasting memories with their grandparents!  Everett hasn't had the slightest problem warming up to them again; but he's still just as attached to my hip as ever  (He's a mama's boy through and through. It gets frustrating at times, but mostly I love it!)  Chloe could not be happier!  She loves having dogs and grandparents around 24/7.  After all, what could be better for an animal loving 3 year old.  I'm enjoying being here too.  My MIL has been so wonderful about, well everything, but especially letting us really make ourselves at home:  hanging curtains, rearranging the basement, sharing cooking duties, etc.  In fact, we have way more freedom with two adults per child.  Chad and I put the kids to bed and just went for a walk last night.  We hadn't done that since just after Chloe was born!  It was wonderful.  And, the kids didn't scream at each other at bedtime tonight!  Could it be that they're finally readjusting to sharing a room?!


Last night, we all played in the back yard.  It's so fun to have a yard big enough to run across.  Chloe yanked and ran the dogs around, Chad and I flew a styrofoam airplane, Everett constantly lost his pants chasing it down and telling us to fly it again.  Then Papa and Gigi lit a fire in the chimnea and Chloe sat with them and the dogs... I am certain that at least Chloe and I will look back at this time with fond memories.  And I love love seeing her so happy and not saying, "I wish..." all the time.

Chad was excited about getting to work with Papa the other day.  And he's working at getting the ball rolling on getting licensed... somewhere.  Working with the government is often a discouraging, lengthy (and sometimes expensive) process.  Deadlines are fast approaching.