So Chad's family arrived Thursday night. Friday, we went to TIS to redeem some reward points he had accrued from buying textbooks there. He got a $20 gift card; then the guy said "and do you want your birthday gift?" Uh, yeah. So Chad and I both got free t-shirts. Sweet! Then I took some pictures on campus. The first day I saw the campus, I said, "I have to take pictures out here of our family!" We never did, but at least I got the two landmarks that I wanted.
That night,we went to the "hooding ceremony." The kids played a bit,
(isn't he the cutest little guy you've ever seen?!) and we hob-nobbed and got pictures of Chad with all of his online video gaming buddies. It was a late night for the kids. Can you tell?
Then we ate a really good dinner with really good dessert (the mark of a good dinner.) They gave awards, then the students got dressed and lined up for the hooding.
Meanwhile, Everett did this.
They got hooded (gotta love that seafoam green, yuck!) and said their hypocratic oath.
Chad and I danced, and we left. A little anti-climactic for 4 long years of hard work and a huge phase of our life to be over. But it was a nice ceremony. Saturday, we loaded our truck, and visited and took pics of our friends. A friend generously made a great dinner for us. Chad and I and his brothers went to see a movie. The next morning, we loaded, cleaned and left. Yesterday we unloaded and started getting settled here at my in-laws'. So here we are home, and yet homeless again. Chad is working today with his stepdad and stressing about taking NC boards at the end of the summer. We are so extremely sick of moving, and don't like giving up our freedom and space again. But we're grateful to have generous family who are able and willing to help us as needed. We've got some fun things planned for our "summer vacation." Oh, and Chad got an interview! It's something. Wahoo.
2 comments:
Congrats Chad!!! Hopefully summer passes quickly and you find the perfect position/place to live! Love you guys!!!
Chad - CONGRATULTAIONS!! Where did he get an interview?? I can't wait to see you all!
Post a Comment