Being a mom does NOT come naturally to me. You may all remember my bout with being primary chorister and the panic that ensued. Teaching children is NOT my gift. We used to have a routine, and in each city I managed to find stuff for us to do. Mexico nixed all of that and I've struggled to get it back, to no avail. So the kids have been bored, needy, and under foot. I've found myself very frustrated and wishing I were elsewhere. After a few nights of slightly desperate prayer, and finally coming downstairs one night expressing my frustrations to Chad, he came up with a great idea that I'm VERY excited about. I have scheduled activity time (red) teaching time (black) and even exercise (blue) and during those times, Chloe can go chose a card to decide what we'll do. The schedule is posted to the side, and the purple is just play time with me.I bought a bunch of crafting supplies and a box to contain all of my teaching and crafting things. Yeah, me of all people didn't have ANY kiddo crafting supplies! So I'll also have craft time in which we sit down and do a craft that I found in a book, or we'll paint or something. Now, all you crazy awesome moms with degrees in teaching children and whatnot, any additional ideas (especially activity ideas) would be fabulous. Also, what are some ways I could teach emotions and gospel principles... that one might not work during lesson time, but you guys are super creative, so lets hear your ideas and resources!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Schedules and Programs
I've wanted to set up something like this for ever, but didn't know where to start and felt overwhelmed. I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father and Chad for an answer to my prayer. And I'm excited to see how it works and the many ways it will change our lives.
Posted by Carla at 7:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OH my goodness girl. YOu are like organization perfection. Sounds like an awesome plan. Hope it helps you guys. Just remember that you were not put on this earth to entertain them. So they have to have time where they go away and play on their own. I think that is something with you guys that might be important to teach. Just a thought.
Yeah for charts and schedules!!! Hopefully this helps! There is a time and a season for everything.
Neat idea. Let me know how it works. I agree with Dana. Playtime with mom is wonderful and needed but so is entertainning themselves too.
Post a Comment