Mom, I kinda had bigger things on my mind than my anniversary. I didn't totally forget, I just didn't think about it that day until Chad mentioned it. I'd bought a card a while before and just hadn't written in it yet. But definitely, Chad is the romantic one in the family. I am not at all. Anniversaries and V-day are just a good excuse for a date to me.
Anyway, we had it narrowed down to three sites, prayed about it, and submitted our preferences. Saturday was the day of matching and it turns out we didn't get matched. We're both kind of dumbfounded and overwhelmed at the idea of finding a job/practice in the next few months. And I'm a little offended that they weren't all vying for Chad. But to be honest, I didn't feel good about any of our options when I prayed about it. In fact the more I thought about it, the more passionately I didn't want to do a residency. No residency hadn't really been an option in my mind until that night, but I couldn't accept that as the answer to my prayers. At least it sort of warned me that this might happen. So I'm feeling a mixture of shock, excitement, and trepidation. And despite not knowing what's ahead, I do feel good about it. I know that a door will open up and that this is right for our family in the long run. I just worry about how much patience and faith might be required in the meantime : )
4 comments:
OH man that must be a little overwhelming but you guys will handle it all. I can't wait to find out where you will end up. Is Chad bummed?
I think mostly confused, not knowing where to go from here, but yeah, bummed too
Well, one thing I have learned...Heavenly Father's way is so much better than ours ALL THE TIME. Not that that takes away all the fears or uneasiness. But no matter what, He is in charge and wants the best for you and the family. So try to let go of the fears and say, "Thanks Heavenly Father, I am ready for the ride!" Good luck. Love you
Allison
Wow, What are the options if he does not do a residency? Well in my 57 years I have learned that my greatest disappointments have been for my good no matter how painful. The Lord moves us in the directions he wants us to go - roadblocks on paths that are not right for us for whatever reason. It is like I told Marie - Where ever you go the Lord will keep in mind the entire family because the husband's decisions effect where children go to school and all those other ramifications. Anyway I would love it if you all got closer here but again - wherever -
Post a Comment