Sunday, October 7, 2012

Life in the Past Month

Ok, so the kids started school.
 Everett is in a co-op with 3 other friends 3 days a week, for 3 hours a day.  He LOVEs it!
 Calvin has colic.  Chad has convinced himself that he likes for daddy to play video games.  Honestly, whatever works.  I get frustrated at times, but mostly, I find myself counting my blessings.  Of all of my kids, I'm more equipped to deal with colic this go around than any other; and it usually doesn't set in until Chad's home to help comfort him.  Also, Calvin lets me sleep at night.  I've never had to get up with him more than three times, but mostly only two.  I've never known a newborn to skip the every-two-hours phase altogether.  And only a couple of times have I had to stay up with him.  So that's a huge blessing.
 Chad's also really stepped up in keeping the other kids fed and entertained.  This is one little project he had Everett help with.  It's just a little stand to raise one of our TVs up a little higher.


 Also Everett had his birthday.  He got $30 for his birthday!  He was so excited.  He also got walkie talkies.  They're great fun.  I think Chad was almost as excited as the kids were about that one.

He wanted strawberry shortcake.  Since I don't have a good recipe for it, I just bought these little pound cakes - score.
 That weekend, we took both kids to Toys-R-Us to spend their birthday money.  They made out like bandits.  They were having a big sale.  And Everett got a bunch of toys that had been clearanced from about $15 down to $2.

Side note: ever since he turned 5, Everett is certain he's a big kid.  He keeps saying things like, "yeah, I used to not be able to do that when I was 4.  But now that I'm 5, I can."  All the time it comes back to, "back when I was 4..."  It's so cute.
 The kids and I also enjoyed a beautiful morning recently by blowing bubbles for Curly to chase and pop.  Calvin was happy; we giggled together; it was awesome!
 And Papa and Gigi couldn't wait to come see Calvin.  So they came up for a quick weekend.
And another baby picture just for good measure.  Tummy time pretty much from day 1 has resulted in him rolling over.  This little booger is growing up too fast!!  He outgrew NB stuff weeks ago and is quickly working on outgrowing 0-3 months.  He's 5 weeks old for Pete's sake
As for me:  I'm doing well.  I'm 5 weeks post-partum and pretty much look and almost feel pre-baby.  It took about 3 weeks for my belly to go away.  Isn't that insane?!  I had a big, long recovery time when I had Everett.  So there again, I'm counting my blessings.  I'm excited to really start exercising again in a week.  Like I said, I get frustrated some times when I can't get things done.  We all know how nazi I am about my to-do list, seeing things accomplished.  But mostly I know how quickly this phase ends.  So I'm soaking up as much of it as I can.  I'm so in love with my baby.  

Speaking of my to-do list, this month is a scary one.  I'm teaching Everett's pre-k class this month.  I get terribly nervous about teaching kids.  But now that it's pretty much planned out, I'm feeling much better.  Now I'm just nervous about how much time it will take to do and to add running back into my life.  Thankfully my calling is able to take a back seat (I LOVE my leader for that!)  but I still have a campout to attend next weekend.  I knew back in the spring how crazy October would be.  But I prayerfully entered each of these obligations and am certain that the Lord will help me accomplish them, just as He did in the spring, and just as He has so far.

BTW folks, we have some videos of the kids up on YouTube.  Just search for "nakeworks" if you're interested in seeing them.  There's one of Calvin making his loud sleeping sounds, one of Chloe at violin practice and some older ones.

1 comments:

Leighanna said...

HE is adorable!!!! Henry is growing like crazy too... 3 months and already out growing and heading into 6-9 month stuff. Since he is the last, of course he'd be the one that grows at light speed. I'd surely like him to slow down some. :)