We left here Good Friday morning, skipping Chloe's half day, for my Mom's house. Two of my sisters' families were there over the weekend. We had a blast as usual. Saturday morning, my family went to the Atlanta Temple open house. (As a little background, the temple is not a place where we go to church. In our off time we go to perform ordinances such as baptism, and marriage for those that have passed on without the opportunity while they were on Earth. There are something like 130 around the world. And only baptized adults who have interviewed and been found worthy may enter. They only do an open house after one is built or in this case remodeled, before it's dedicated to the Lord.) So this was a once-in-a-lifetime thing. I was so very excited to take our kids b/c I LOVE the temple. And this is where their Daddy and I were married.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Spring Break
I so wish we could have gone earlier. This was the last day of the open house and it was PACKED. We were rushed through and didn't even get to see one room that Chloe and I were excited about, the bride's room. And the spirit of course was not really there. But Chloe sure did enjoy all of the beauty, the beautiful chandeliers, the facing mirrors that look on to eternity, the flower arrangements. I loved the woodwork and murals too. It's far more beautiful than even when I was married there. Afterwards, there was a tent set up where people could ask questions, give feed back, and visit. Isn't my boy handsome?! He liked walking along all of the walls and curbs.
And of course we took plenty of pictures at the front.


The kids really weren't grouchy. It was just bright through all the clouds.
What better way to spend Easter than with family and the temple?
Chloe and her hair never co-operate for pictures. She was showing me which flower was her favorite. She sure does appreciate beauty, just like her mama, grandma, and great grandma.
We enjoyed the rest of the weekend with cousins and sisters. It's so great that the cousins entertain each other so well while us ladies can enjoy and entertain each other. And Curly enjoyed her cousin too. My sister has a wiener dog that will play ALL DAY LONG with Curly. It's awesome. They get depressed when they have to leave each other. I was surprised to see how well they remember each other and the house.


After that, we went back down to my mom's house to spend the afternoon with her again before going home. I know this picture's terribly blurry, but I loved watching Everett sing in his microphone, while mom played the piano. That boy loves music and stuck with her for a long time!

So we had fun and can't wait 'till school is out so we can go to the beach!
On Monday, we went to Chad's parents'. We shopped and just hung out all week while Chad hung out with his boys, his brother, and best friend Dan just moved to ATL too. Shopping and sitting around isn't my idea of fun, but we did have fun the next weekend. That's the crappy thing about spring break, people have to work. Anyway, Friday, Dan and his family came down and we went to a friend's for a bar-b-que. That was a lot of fun. All of our kids played well together. And we enjoyed our friends. The next morning was fun. We made a big breakfast and went to the park for a bit before they went home.
Posted by Carla at 6:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment