Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fireplace Redo

I've always disliked this fireplace. I mean, the idea of a fireplace in the master was appealing, but the fireplace its self, not so much. The worst thing is those insulation pellets in the bottom. The kids liked to play in them like they were sand. Something had to be done. So I threw some rocks in the bottom. But Curly liked to pull them out, leave them all over the room, chew on them, and throw them around the room during nap time. So...I bought a length of roof flashing, $4 I think. Cut it to length, painted it black, and slid it under that little black lip on the edge of the fire place. Wasn't so simple, especially cutting such an odd shaped material. But it worked well.
Now Curly can't get the rocks out, and I love it.
And I've since added one more package of rocks over those insulation pellets, so you can't see them at all. So much better in my opinion.

2 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

hummmm, what are those pellets for? I don't get why they have to even be in there.
You are such a great problem solver!

Carla said...

I know, i just almost vacuumed them all out, but Lydia said they insulate the gas pipes that are buried in them.