Sunday, September 8, 2013

Birthdays, Birthdays and Birthdays

So August pretty much involved waiting for someone to buy our house and waiting for Chad to move out and start his new job.  But aside from the yucky stuff, I had my 29th birthday, which started our family's "birthday season."  Chad gave me an IOU for an iPhone which comes out next week.  So we can get it next week.  (I'm excited.)  And his mom sent me a gift card for Massage Envy (wahoo!)
A week later, this chubbo turned a year old.  I can't believe it's been a year already!  He is chocked full of personality now.
 He likes to pounce on people.
 and make silly faces.
 This one's his favorite.  It's his goofing off smile.
I've got to admit, it was pretty sad how little mental space I was able to devote to his birthday.  But he got a cake.  And I happened to get the rocking horse out of the attic that day.  So what else does a growing boy need?
 The cake was pretty funny.  At dinner, we gave him a few pieces of salad.  He thought that was a cruel trick.  So when I put the cupcake in front of him, with blue sprinkles, he looked at it like, "yeah, I'm not falling for that one again folks."  But finally, he got a little frosting on his thumb and ended up putting it in his mouth...
  ...and liked it.
 Then it was, "back up or you might loose a finger."
 Then I tried to take his last month-by-month picture.  Yikes!  Most of them were about like this.
  But eventually we wore each other out, and I got this one... though, I can't figure out why my blog pics end up darker than the originals.
I don't have the patience or time to load all 12 months, so here's the every six month comparison... always a goof.

 Today, 5 days later, came Chloe's 8th birthday.  She wanted her ears pierced.  So yesterday, we did that and we went to spend her birthday money.  We had a fun day.  We started with Taco Bell for lunch.  It's her FAVORITE, but I always deny her because it gives me a stomach ache.  But I have to admit, what I had yesterday was really good and didn't make me sick.  Then we went to the mall for the piercing. She was nervous!

 Thankfully they did them at the same time.  But she had to old Daddy's hand.
 She was posing for her AFTER picture, but wasn't happy or breathing until they showed her the mirror.  When she saw it, she smiled so big.  It was priceless!
 And she had to get some love from Daddy.
 She was excited to look at earrings, but decided to spend her money on a toy.
 So we then went to Toy's R Us.  Shockingly, I was the one who helped the kids find suitable toys.  That's usually very much Daddy's department... you know, since he still buys toys for himself from time to time.
 Today Chloe got a movie, card, and a cake.  We kept the cake a secret.  She wanted an ice cream cake, but didn't know we got one.  So tonight, I made cupcakes for me and Calvin (since we can't have dairy) and she assumed that was it.  So she was pretty excited to get exactly what she wanted... on every front.
 This little girl is getting too big, too fast.  I think she was about 4 years old here.

0 comments: