I'm determined not to let this blog go all together. And since the school year is almost over, hopefully it will improve? Don't hold your breath. Anywho, you didn't miss much blog-worthiness over the past two... and a half months anyway. Here it is in pictures.
I had fun taking pics of my boy while we laid in bed. We spent lots of time playing in bed, before he started trying to roll out of it... These are my two favorites.
And playing:
He turned 7 months old in March.
This is his biggest schtick. When he's tired or you talk to him in just the right way, he cocks his head to the side in a I'm-so-cute kind of way.
This is our spring project. Chad built this climbing net. And as you can see, I've been painting... still. I've just got that top portion left. I probably won't post pics since you get the idea here.
In April, I took a weekend trip to GA. I had my sister take some Mommy/Baby pics, since those are hard to come by around here. These are some of my favorites.
My mom had gotten these fun nail polish pens. So we had a painting party. It was so fun! Sorry, no pics though. Chloe had my sister do each toe and finger a different way.
We also went to the temple to do some work for my Grandmother who passed away last year. It was SO nice! We all felt like, when it was done, we hadn't really noticed how much of a hole there was in our family before.
And this month, Calvin turned 8 months old. He's eating, well, everything we put in front of him. He's hit a growth spurt again since this picture. Seriously, everyone at playgroup today said that he'd grown just since they'd seen him on Sunday. I noticed it overnight. 12 mo. clothes now. He just finished cutting his 7th tooth with another that looks like it's on the way. He's still working on the whole crawling thing. Pre-k started winding down in April, and we quit at the start of May. So Everett's bored. But I've finally got Calvin on a good, definitive sleep schedule. He still wakes up at night though. Which, I kinda like a once-a-night wake up. It's the one time I get to just quietly nurse him, with no where to be, no distractions - no trying to roll away and take part of me with him, as he does during the day. It's nice. What I don't like so much is the 2-3 time wake ups when he's teething or colic-y. Colic you say? That's right. It's usually not a problem. In fact he got much less anti-snuggly and violent once we got it under control. But we recently discovered he's allergic to wheat as well as dairy. Fun times. (I thoroughly dislike the solid food phase.) Anywho... oh, he has learned to hug! Big news! It totally makes my day when I pick him up and he squeezes my neck so tight I think he might actually choke me :) He also kinda gives baby kisses. He's still working on crawling. It's so cute to watch him try. The other day, I had him in a very shallow bath, just watching him play. He got on his tummy, lifted his hands and kicked his legs out, as he often does. This time though, it sent him sliding across the tub. He giggled and kept trying to make it happen again. It was so fun to watch the wheels turning. Poor thing couldn't figure it out though. :)
As I said, school is over for Everett, 5 1/2. He's of course bored. But makes the most of it, mostly by watching TV. As soon as Chloe gets home, he's itching to play with her. But she just wants to chill. It's tough. We're all looking forward to summer.
3 comments:
I love all of the pictures. Love the new couches also.
Took me forever to get signed in so I could comment.
I love the pictures of the kids. and I love the new couches. It really made a difference in your living room. I miss you all.
You have to keep the blog up!!! You dont talk much so the blog is a good way to figure out what is going on with you and the kids!!!! So sorry to hear about Calvins allergy. On one hand its a pain in the butt but on the other hand at least you know and you can help him feel better. Eliza is allergic to wheat as well. They did the celiac test on her but it came back negative. But i know that when she eats wheat bread her stomach kills her. She even says does that have wheat in it? Cause you know i am allergic to wheat... it was soo mch fun seeing all the pic Leighanna posted on fbook about yalls little vacation togehter. I soooooooooo much miss the beach!!!
Post a Comment