Sunday, February 3, 2013

Catching Up

Sheesh.  No wonder I haven't blogged!  I get behind on pictures.  So editing pictures + blogging is involved for me b/c I can't do either of those quickly.  Anywho...

November:

Not much happened.  It was pretty non-descript, even Thanksgiving.  But Calvin turned 2 months old.

And I had my first photo shoot of this super cute family.  They were so easy.  I didn't have to direct them at all (which is good b/c I don't know how) and still got some great shots.

After Thanksgiving started the super busy Christmas season, of course.  And Chloe had her first real, honest to goodness concert.  She played at the Dickens Festival here in town.  Doesn't she looke so thrilled?  Haha


December:

Calvin turned 3 months old.

We got some good outside play time as it really started to get chilly and fall-like.  Chloe also had a super fun field trip to see Disney on Ice.  I took all of the kids.  Everett was super excited about it, but a little let down that they only depicted princess movies, and mostly only the classics... no Jake and the Neverland Pirates :(

And of course, baby's 1st Christmas.  But I was busy making his blessing suit.

And we also had him blessed.  What a mess!  I hadn't planned it... well... at all. For some reason, I couldn't wrap my head around it.  As a result, Dad thought he was blessing Calvin.  Chad had to stop him in the middle and say "wait a second, why are you blessing him??"  Then operator error with my iPod, so I didn't get it recorded.  Sheesh.  But he looked good.  That's what counts right?

And there were gifts...

Calvin met his cousin.  Looks like he had fun huh?  Haha.  It was so fun watching them interact.

I was really impressed with Chloe!  She had my sister-in-law show her one note on the piano.  Then she just started plinking out all of her violin songs on the piano!  She's never touched a piano beyond once a year at my mom's house and has only been playing violin for about 8 months!  She doesn't even know all of the notes yet.  Mom helped her with one song though.

Once we got back home, the kids had fun playing with their stocking stuffers.  They had a silly string war.

January:

On New Years' Day we drove about 2 hours to this store and finally pulled the trigger and bought new couches.

Before:

Shrunken pulling apart slipcover, old as crap hand-me-down when we got married 9+ years ago, so NOT comfy.

After:

SO MUCH BETTER!

Chad uses the ottoman as a chaise.

But these pillows will be changed eventually.  I need more red in my life;)

A couple of days later, Calvin turned 4 months.

We finally got our family pictures done, you know, the ones we usually take each Nov. or Dec.  Yeah, this year has been kicking my butt as far as my ever important "to do" list.  And I'm wholly underwhelmed by them.  But I didn't have the fight in me to try for a better one.

I took Chloe on a much needed date.  Her first mani/pedi.  I was going to do it with her, but instead of a $100+ date, I decided to let her decide if she wanted both hands and feet, or if she wanted me to join her, both of us do our hands for example.  She chose both.  The other night (two weeks later) Chad put her to bed while we had company over and she asked to speak to me.  She wouldn't even talk to me with Everett listening, as though she was ashamed.  I was bracing myself for some terrible confession.  She felt terrible that I didn't get to have my nails done.  What a sweet girl!  I just hate that she'd been carrying that with her for the two weeks!
When I came out, I told Chad what was going on.  He said, "oh I'm glad it had to do with your date.  I thought I was already getting shut out."  I honestly don't think she'll ever outgrow her daddy, though Everett has already outgrown me ;)

Anyway, she also got two awards at school:  perfect attendance and "terrific kid."

Calvin has started playing of course.  I now have to keep toys in the diaper bag.  But of course his feet are the most fun, not to mention yummy.

And the kids love playing with him and making him giggle.

And he has started talking, screeching, squealing, and blowing raspberries.  Raspberries are his favorite.  But the other night, Chad was teaching him "mama" and it was fun to watch him copy Chad and mouth the word... 


He's finally proficient at rolling.  We don't put him on the floor often b/c of the dog.  But he likes to roll given the chance.  And our anti-snuggler seems to have learned to give a rare, fleeting and treasured hug every now and then.  But he's only ever done it with me and Chloe, and it. is. rare.  He usually only puts his head down to slime or chew.  But his colic seems to be improving over the past week.

Everett, over the past week has been trying to spell phonetically.  I'm so impressed and excited about that!  He still won't try to read, but I guess that'll come.

And today:

He turned 5 months old... sheesh life is moving too fast! 

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh my goodness! Look at that little cutie! He just looks so yummy! :)

Dana said...

Holy cow Carla I cant believe the difference those new couches make to change the look of the room!!!! Red pillows on them would be gorgeous!!!! The video with Everette making Calvin laugh is hilarious!!!!