Heavenly Father does answer prayers! My biggest problem in everything I posted Monday was that w/o exercise or sleep, I'd be a beast to my family. Yesterday, I had a bad morning, and got totally discouraged. The only thing I could think to do is join a gym where I could swim. I'd been thinking it might come to that for a while. Aside from the $, I knew it would double the time it takes to work out. And as busy as I am, didn't see how to fit it in. I didn't want to pull the trigger, but felt I had to. Also, I was reminded of the counsel I'd recently received when I got my new calling, to put my family first and I'd have time for my calling. Chad was totally supportive and had researched gyms a while back wanting to do the same thing. So I went to the one he'd settled on that day just to ask some questions and walked out with a membership. It hurt to spend the initial $, but I was excited and felt like it would be a huge blessing. And I had faith that because Heavenly Father had lead me into all of my time-consuming obligations, He'd help me meet them all. And if something had to give, this was important enough to let some things go.
Today, day one, I had a great day! I got a part-time membership where I only get a few hours during the day (just before time to pick up Chloe,) and a few in the evening. Everything worked like clockwork, so much more quick and smooth than normal. I made my appointments with time to spare. I got to swim laps with Everett (who LOVES this much better than our walks) and feel almost no pain ALL DAY, cept the good kind. I can't remember the last time I had a good work out like that. And my arms are going to be ripped by the end of the summer! :) I even got a Lowe's trip done and baby's room almost prepped for paint... I might pay for it all tomorrow, but still, blessings? I think so!
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Counting Blessings
Posted by Carla at 8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am so glad that you are finding something that works for you!!!
Post a Comment